Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 40505253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: OneClearVoice!!! *UPDATE*

Campaign 6a has ended. Thanks to everyone who participated! We only needed a handful so as not to flood the editors. Campaign 6b will launch a 2 or 3 days. In the meantime campaign #2 "Shaky Ground" is back for an encore!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
    I got a reply. Think before you vote!! One gun at a time until they are all gone!!

"Paul thanks for writing.

I have been following the gun control discussions for 3 decades and believe that, like vehicles, guns are a privilege and require some level of proven training and restrictions on use, especially in relation to handguns and assault weapons.

I have been a supporter of the Canadian Coalition for Gun Control for 30 years and believe their well-researched positions, based on evidence in the Canadian context and elsewhere, are useful in our policy decisions around these weapons. I support the following further recommendations taken from their recent response to the federal government’s new policies on gun control:

Ban military assault weapons and sniper rifles – update the prohibited and restricted lists consistent with the advice of police experts. Consider innovative approaches, for example, as with drug regulations, list what is permitted rather than what is prohibited reducing the ability of manufacturers to circumvent the regulations.

The AR-15 used in repeated mass killings in the US is sold as a restricted weapon, and exempted from the prohibited category not because of its technical characteristics but because of lobbying by the Dominion of Canada Rifle Association (comprised largely of veterans) which argued that it was needed for target practice. Along with the Ruger Mini 14, powerful sniper rifles are sold as unrestricted firearms. Assault weapons, which should be prohibited, are sold as restricted weapons. The list of prohibited weapons desperately needs updating.

Sincerely

David Swann

Dr. David Swann, MLA Calgary - Mountain View, Leader
    Alberta Liberal Opposition

Tel: 403.216.5445 Fax: 403.216.5447

#102, 723 - 14 Street NW Calgary, AB. T2N 2A4"

http://calgarymountainview.ca/wp-con...mages/logo.png
    All the fuds on this board need to sit up and take notice. Did you see what the liberal gun grabbing looney let slip in this absurd response? Consider his mention of "sniper rifles" with the very old and true warning:

They will never confiscate your deer rifle. They'll call it a sniper rifle first.

Wake up fuds, now is the time to act before all your guns and your hunting privileges are gone forever.

Since David Swann is in a position of influence isn't it a conflict of interest to support and fun an anti gun organization? What is a "sniper rifle"? And as usual he plays the moron that harps on the "assault rifle" band wagon.
    Man, he is some kind of arrogant! I hope Albertans, specifically Calgarians are taking notice. People whom have this type of attitude sure as heck wont give a damn about anyone else. They are only interested in their own self gain.
    Last edited by 8x68; 04-02-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    John 3:16. If not then unfortunately John 3:36
    Firearms owners are the difference between Tyranny & Freedom!!
    GUN CONTROL IS NOT CRIME CONTROL. ITS POPULATION CONTROL!
    Faith is not knowing what the future holds but knowing who holds the future

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Wow. What a jerk that MPP is.

Quote Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
    I got a reply. Think before you vote!! One gun at a time until they are all gone!!

"Paul thanks for writing.

I have been following the gun control discussions for 3 decades and believe that, like vehicles, guns are a privilege and require some level of proven training and restrictions on use, especially in relation to handguns and assault weapons.

I have been a supporter of the Canadian Coalition for Gun Control for 30 years and believe their well-researched positions, based on evidence in the Canadian context and elsewhere, are useful in our policy decisions around these weapons. I support the following further recommendations taken from their recent response to the federal government’s new policies on gun control:

Ban military assault weapons and sniper rifles – update the prohibited and restricted lists consistent with the advice of police experts. Consider innovative approaches, for example, as with drug regulations, list what is permitted rather than what is prohibited reducing the ability of manufacturers to circumvent the regulations.

The AR-15 used in repeated mass killings in the US is sold as a restricted weapon, and exempted from the prohibited category not because of its technical characteristics but because of lobbying by the Dominion of Canada Rifle Association (comprised largely of veterans) which argued that it was needed for target practice. Along with the Ruger Mini 14, powerful sniper rifles are sold as unrestricted firearms. Assault weapons, which should be prohibited, are sold as restricted weapons. The list of prohibited weapons desperately needs updating.

Sincerely

David Swann

Dr. David Swann, MLA Calgary - Mountain View, Leader
    Alberta Liberal Opposition

Tel: 403.216.5445 Fax: 403.216.5447

#102, 723 - 14 Street NW Calgary, AB. T2N 2A4"

http://calgarymountainview.ca/wp-con...mages/logo.png

John Barlow MP for Alberta foothills sent this link.

https://www.highriveronline.com/loca...es-to-gun-laws

Got a reply from MP Larry Maguire. Please take a look at the facebook link he included and like/share with as many people as you can.
    Also sign the Parliament petition if you haven't already. Its already one of the biggest Parliament petitions ever in Canada and we need to make it larger.

Thanks Justin for sending this note to the Minister.

I really appreciate that you let him know your thoughts on their ill-thought out legislation. The way they are handling this legislation is absurd. I wrote a diatribe on Facebook to explain how they are ramming this through Parliament. If you have a moment, please feel free to give it a read and share with anyone you know: https://www.facebook.com/larrymaguir...02757629917483

We need as many people as possible to write to the Prime Minister and Minister Goodale. I am hoping they CC me so I can keep track of who is sending letters in.

We’ll continue the good fight here in Parliament and we will never support the legislation that punishes law-abiding firearms owners.

Have a great week.

Larry
    Inter arma enim silent leges

Sent some more email.

CGN Regular
    Got a reply From Stephanie Kusie, Conservative MP in Calgary...

Thank you for ensuring I am aware of your concerns regarding Bill C-71, An Act to amend certain Acts and Regulations in relation to firearms. My Conservative colleagues and I have reviewed this legislation and we are disappointed in it as well. (Please note the importance of including your mailing address with all correspondence.)

Canadians are becoming very concerned about the increasing level of gun violence and crime rates in urban and rural communities. Bill C-71 unfortunately does nothing to address these issues. Canada’s Conservatives believe that the safety of Canadians should be the number one priority of any government and the Liberals have missed an opportunity to make a real difference. Instead of tackling actual criminals who use guns to commit violent crime, they have chosen to focus their efforts on treating law-abiding firearms owners as criminals.

Personally, I believe it is extremely important to fight for concrete actions to keep Canadians safe and focus our efforts on the criminal element behind firearms violence. Bill C-71 - which is nothing more than a backdoor attempt to bring back the wasteful and ineffective long-gun registry – does neither. For that reason, I will not be supporting this legislation.
    Sincerely,
    Stephanie

Campaign #7 - Liberal Talking Points

At this point we are seeing Liberal MP's respond with what are clearly talking points given to them from the Minister of Public Safety's office. All of these points are easily refuted as is the premise for the entire bill. This campaign is written in a voice talking to the Public Safety Minister, but is also copied to your local MP and several other key people. As the MP's are back in their ridings until April 16th this campaign will run long in order to get maximum saturation. Time for us to debunk their talking points!

Campaign 7 sent. Thank you very much for the work you do in creating these.