Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3242444546474849505152535455565758596062 ... LastLast

Thread: OneClearVoice!!! *UPDATE*

CGN Regular
    BUMP. This needs to be topic number one on this forum until C-71 is scrapped.

Wife and I both sent all, separate e-mails of course. Received generic responses so far.

sent the email, only got a chain email response back from my MP( conservitive) ..not really surprised.
    Liberal party of Canada- Useless since 1867

I received a phone call from Andrew Leslie, he’s my MP for Orleans in the east end of Ottawa. He is liberal, ex military and has a collection of firearms. He was very down to earth and claimed to own more firearms than any other MP.
    I sent him #4 and he called to ask my permission to send it to Ralph Goodale which I permitted. We also talked about the sale of non restricted’s, he says there is nowhere in law that says you have to show proof of a PAL for purchase which I wasn’t aware of and claims they are trying to close the loophole. He is against the prohibition of the Swiss and CZ and says now is the time to keep fighting. He is supposed to email me tomorrow, will update.

Quote Originally Posted by King0265 View Post
    I received a phone call from Andrew Leslie, he’s my MP for Orleans in the east end of Ottawa. He is liberal, ex military and has a collection of firearms. He was very down to earth and claimed to own more firearms than any other MP.
    I sent him #4 and he called to ask my permission to send it to Ralph Goodale which I permitted. We also talked about the sale of non restricted’s, he says there is nowhere in law that says you have to show proof of a PAL for purchase which I wasn’t aware of and claims they are trying to close the loophole. He is against the prohibition of the Swiss and CZ and says now is the time to keep fighting. He is supposed to email me tomorrow, will update.
    He voted yes for the bill which wasn't a surprise.
    John 3:16. If not then unfortunately John 3:36
    Firearms owners are the difference between Tyranny & Freedom!!
    GUN CONTROL IS NOT CRIME CONTROL. ITS POPULATION CONTROL!
    Faith is not knowing what the future holds but knowing who holds the future

whipped

Been in on all 4 campaigns: only reply I got so far is either "out of office" response or acknowledgement of the email receipt which is similar to "out of office".

Following up with a more personal email and phone calls today.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

Quote Originally Posted by King0265 View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. I don't have the exact wording of the law at hand, but in it there is a requirement something like the seller must "reasonably know the buyer is licensed". They write laws vaguely like that often on purpose, leaving it to future court cases to "define". But I think any sane person would take that a couple ways. If you have a buddy you talk guns with, maybe you've seen each others guns etc and you want to sell him a rifle, you reasonably know he is licensed. If you are a store you don't know your customers are licensed because you don't know them like a buddy so you look at their PAL.

All the Liberals had to do was change the law to state that in face to face transactions you must ask to see the seller's PAL and for online call it in. Instead they not only did that but added a mandatory "call it in" with a bizarre "registrar" and "transfer" system.
    Last edited by Doug_M; 03-29-2018 at 07:52 AM.

I got a reply. Think before you vote!! One gun at a time until they are all gone!!

"Paul thanks for writing.

I have been following the gun control discussions for 3 decades and believe that, like vehicles, guns are a privilege and require some level of proven training and restrictions on use, especially in relation to handguns and assault weapons.

I have been a supporter of the Canadian Coalition for Gun Control for 30 years and believe their well-researched positions, based on evidence in the Canadian context and elsewhere, are useful in our policy decisions around these weapons. I support the following further recommendations taken from their recent response to the federal government’s new policies on gun control:

Ban military assault weapons and sniper rifles – update the prohibited and restricted lists consistent with the advice of police experts. Consider innovative approaches, for example, as with drug regulations, list what is permitted rather than what is prohibited reducing the ability of manufacturers to circumvent the regulations.

The AR-15 used in repeated mass killings in the US is sold as a restricted weapon, and exempted from the prohibited category not because of its technical characteristics but because of lobbying by the Dominion of Canada Rifle Association (comprised largely of veterans) which argued that it was needed for target practice. Along with the Ruger Mini 14, powerful sniper rifles are sold as unrestricted firearms. Assault weapons, which should be prohibited, are sold as restricted weapons. The list of prohibited weapons desperately needs updating.

Sincerely

David Swann

Dr. David Swann, MLA Calgary - Mountain View, Leader
    Alberta Liberal Opposition

Tel: 403.216.5445 Fax: 403.216.5447

#102, 723 - 14 Street NW Calgary, AB. T2N 2A4"

http://calgarymountainview.ca/wp-con...mages/logo.png

CGN Regular
    I got a reply from my MP.

Dear Mr. ******:

Thank-you for copying my office on your email to the Prime Minister regarding Bill C-71.

This legislation does nothing to address violence in urban and rural communities and does everything to treat law-abiding firearms owners like criminals.

As you rightly point out, this is yet another instance of the Liberals promising one thing and doing quite another. This legislation is nothing more than a backdoor attempt to bring back the wasteful and ineffective long-gun registry.

Conservatives will continue to fight for concrete actions to keep Canadians safe and focus our efforts on the criminal element behind firearms violence, rather than unfairly target Canada’s law-abiding firearms owners.

Thank-you for your engagement on this issue, your comments are noted. Should you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours truly,

Michael Cooper, M.P.

St. Albert-Edmonton