Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Magazine restrictions....Clarification seems to be needed...

CGN frequent flyer
    The CSSA better hurry up with that 10/22 mag legal action, because this is something there is absolutely no excuse for our orgs to not be addressing. There should be applications for injunctions and affidavits and blah blah blah flying all over the place by now. Crickets.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    It's not a loophole, it's stated in the regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendX View Post
    I bet the next thing to be axed is the 10 round pistol mags that can be used in rifles. That’s one loophole that will be clarified with some wording as easy as “all pistol magazines must be pinned to 5 rounds”

It’s death by 1000 cuts.

We need a de jure government, not the de facto government that runs the show.
    CCFR/NFA

RCMP interpretation is not law.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
    After C71 passes there will be no other Law than what is dictated by the RCMP, it’s called a police state better get used to it.
    Verba volant, scripta manent!
    “When injustice becomes law, an armed rebellion becomes duty” ~ The Internet

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    LoL. Closet liberal mentality
    Yep....one of the best quotes I think I've ever heard that sums this up: "government takes away your freedoms and sells them back to you as rights and privileges".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
    The liberals are working hard on fulfilling their election promise of making the RCMP the sole entity allowed to decide gun legalities in canada
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Who makes it?

I have only seen people modify a regular 223/556 stanag pattern mag by adding that follower to it in the usa, making it a prohib if holds more than 2 rounds since it is not the original design
    http://www.ammosc.com/450-5-rd-magazine/

This one, but the body is the same....

The 10 round LAR mags will be classified as dual purpose magazines at some point I am sure. If you look at bulletin 72, they no longer use the example of the LAR mag, which I think is telling. And, the hipoint pistol/carbine example is virtually the same situation and the bulletin indicates the mag should be limited to 5 mags. Do you really want to be a test case? I would love to have 10 round mags for my AR, but to me it is not worth it until clarified.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    http://www.ammosc.com/450-5-rd-magazine/

This one, but the body is the same....
    That isn't a 458 Socom or 50 beowulf magazine. It was purposely designed by remington/bushmaster for the 450 cartridge.

It has internal limiters preventing larger cases and any ability to hold even 1 round of 223/556.

I have them for my 450 bushmaster ACR
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    After C71 passes there will be no other Law than what is dictated by the RCMP, it’s called a police state better get used to it.
    Not that i disagree, but that leads to a 3rd worls banana republic. Venezuela comes to mind. Not where we as a country need to go.....