Thread: Suggestion for membership price increase

Suggestion for membership price increase

Let me first state that I fully understand the need for businesses to increase their prices and I appreciate the first class facilities at TSE. My issue is with the size of the increase (+20 percent) for renewals. Management has been great at letting people renew early to retain their old pricing but you have to renew before April 1. In my case, my membership doesn’t come up until September, which means I’ll have to renew half a year early. I haven’t really budgeted to do that. Is there any flexibility in either letting people make installment payments or anything else that can be done? If not, I’m afraid I’m going to just let me membership lapse when it runs out.

Appreciate your consideration to my suggestion.
    Last edited by London22; 03-24-2018 at 04:55 PM.

I'm pretty sure you have the option to pay quarterly after April 1

Quote Originally Posted by London22 View Post
    Let me first state that I fully understand the need for businesses to increase their prices and I appreciate the first class facilities at TSE. My issue is with the size of the increase (+20 percent) for renewals. Management has been great at letting people renew early to retain their old pricing but you have to renew before April 1. In my case, my membership doesn’t come up until September, which means I’ll have to renew half a year early. I haven’t really budgeted to do that. Is there any flexibility in either letting people make installment payments or anything else that can be done? If not, I’m afraid I’m going to just let me membership lapse when it runs out.

Hello, please send your inquirey to members@theshootingedge.com and CC stevena@theshootingedge.com

The Shooting Edge

How to Buy/Contact Us:
    Phone: 403-720-4867 or 1-866-720-4867
    Email: websales@theshootingedge.com
    WebStore: www.theshootingedge.com

Want to stay connected with all the latest here at The Shooting Edge? Come check us out on our pages!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheShootingEdgeInc
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/TSEyyc
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtu...WTCnEkiZHyFi-w

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by London22 View Post

London 22, please drop me a PM.

JR :-)
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    For those that do not know the back story, this is what was sent to members at the beginning of March:

Dear Members,

Can you believe we have been open for over 17 years? Yes… The bays were first opened to the public on January 1st, 2001.

If you haven’t been in for a while, I invite you to come in as there have been some incredible changes with a few more to come:

To date we have updated our HVAC and heating systems, painted the bays and installed a new rubber backstop in our rifle bay. Next, on the list - new lighting will be installed before the end of the month. We recognize the renovations, at times, have been inconvenient; however we greatly appreciate your patience as we work hard to make this place event better!

In January we sent out a member satisfaction survey and I was very happy to see that over 90 percent of members reported being highly satisfied with their memberships. I was also equally happy to see that not a single person reported being highly unsatisfied! This tells me we must be doing things right. I want to thank you for your support and for choosing us to be your shooting range and for spending not only your membership dollars, but also your free time at our range. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to improve our facility - I am always happy to hear your ideas.

However… I want to take this opportunity to rip the band aid off!

On April 1st, after holding the line for years, we are forced to increasing the cost of our memberships.

These and renewals will be on par with other ranges in town, with still a lower renewal rate than others and we are still keeping the spousal add-ons but changing them to “family” add on.

We held off as long as we could, given the economic tide of the city, but costs just aren’t going down.

In order to soften the blow, members can also renew their existing memberships prior to April 1 for their current rate, regardless of when they come due, and we are offering a multi-year renewal until that time. If you wish to renew for 2, 3 or even 5 years at the current rate, please do!

We have also simplified the renewal process, so when you come in, make sure you only fill in the “one pager” at the desk.

We also want to keep offering you great value for your membership and want to ensure you continue to have a great experience at our range, so we have made some changes specifically for our members.

1. We will be giving members year-round discounts on ammo and soft goods,
    2. Expanding our members-only hours in the rifle bay, to include WEEKENDS! Yes, on Saturday and Sunday the rifle bay will be limited to full members with their guests and our use with the familiarization program.
    3. Offering a discount to our new custom shop for laser engraving or custom coating.
    4. We will be implementing a new quarterly payment option for those that wish to budget payment over time.

I appreciate that no one likes to see prices go up, but the costs of operating have increased and I have invested heavily to continue to make this facility the premier shooting facility in Calgary.

J.R.
    Chief cook and bottle washer
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans