Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pics from TACCOM 2018

Pics from TACCOM 2018

Part 1: The Show Floor

Insane. That’s the best way to describe the first ever Tactical and Competitive Sports Show. And by insane I mean insanely good!

The aim of the event was to “engage our diverse shooting landscape” by bringing together manufacturers and industry leaders representing both the tactical and competitive disciplines. The event coincided with Firearms Outlet Canada’s grand opening of their new retail space.

I should point out that I got a media pass and had early access so that’s why the place looks empty in some of my pics. In reality, 6,000 tickets were distributed and I think everyone showed up lol! There were lineups around the building all day

And this is what it looked like on the show floor once the (flood) gates opened!

Before that though, the Mayor performed the ribbon cutting ceremony.

Alright let’s start with firearms.

First stop, the Outdoor Escapes booth who was showcasing some of my favourite brands including Zev

And Desert Tech

They also had Blaser rifles

Speaking of favourite brands, I was very glad to finally meet Sean of Freedom Ventures and check out his sampling of STI.

I shot the Costa Carry Comp at SHOT show but did not snag any pics so I took the opportunity to do so
    this time

Again, I don’t shoot IPSC but I love STIs, especially the full race guns such as this DVC Steel.

Since I borrowed Sean’s gun for the pic, he borrowed my knife.

The National Historical Arts Museum booth was across from Freedom Ventures…for fans of vintage
    firearms

North Sylva had the largest display of the show with CZ, HK, Meprolight and more

Colt AR15s

If I could continue my gun store tour anywhere in Canada, Wolverine would be at the top of the list…fortunately they saved me a bit of a trip lol.

Since I know you are all interested in the non-restricted, made in Canada, .223 for under $1000, WK-180C, I will start with that one.

No dust cover keeps the cost down

I preferred the B&T GHM9

And this CZ race gun

Of course Wolverine has a huge selection of Barret and Accuracy International so I was pleased they brought one of the latter as well

Also great to meet the team at O’Dell engineering and to see their soon to be released new Canuck bullpup semi-auto shotgun, shown here in two different configurations along with the Canuck Renegade.

My buddy liked the bullpup as well.

He also liked the Radical Firearms AR15 out of Texas with M-Lok and MFT furniture for under $800.

Sig Sauer brought a variety of handguns

And AR15s, including my beloved MPX, this time with folding stock

Sig will also be importing Ritter and Starck high end precision rifles ($10,000 for the bigger one pictured below) with a cool feature whereby undoing three screws allows you remove the scope and barrel as one unit so you can swap calibers without having to re-zero.

I missed the Mossberg booth at SHOT so I was happy to see them here so that I could check out their new mag fed pump shotgun…as I am sure you have heard, the mags come in 5,10,15, and 25 capacity.

I recently saw the 500 Magpul and really liked the ergonomics but not the fact that it didn’t have a rail or ghost ring sights. Cue the 590 version , which has both!

Classic 590A1, military spec

And what did I find at the Gravel booth? Ladies and gentlemen, farmboy is alive and well!

The gun I am holding is a real Remington M-24, yes over $5,000 for this US Army Spec Sniper Weapon System.

Lots of goodness at the Tactical Ordnance booth where I finally got to meet not only the legendary Casey Brouwer but also Pavehammer! After over 10 years on CGN we finally meet in person.

Casey is best known for his modified shotguns and is the only person outside of Vang Comp authorized to do their compensator modification

Wild compensator on this custom race shotgun

My all time favourite shotgun remains the Benelli M4 and Stoeger showed a couple of modified variants

Perhaps the most interesting gun at the Stoeger booth was this Tikka T3 Tactical with Black Label forend featuring an integrated bi-pod that rotates into multiple positions and folds up into the rail

Another look at the Victrix Armament that I saw at the Sportsmen’s Show

Tikka Ranger gun and Sako TRG

Huge crowd around the Glock booth (as usual) but I did manage a few pics of the G19 Canadian edition

And the FBI spec gun with the new Streamlight TLR-7 500 lumen light

Always loved those red guns lol

Howa precision rifles with components sourced from Japan and assembled in the USA

Ok moving on to firearms accessories…Red Tower Armoury does some incredible cerakoting and Hydrographics as shown on this Hello Kitty shotgun that I really liked! Yes, I would rock that lol

Another fine example, this time in Kryptek snakeskin

But probably my favourite pattern is the pin-up girl camo..i had seen a gun with this coating online and it looks GREAT!

Highlander Tactical holsters, a great Canadian success story of awesome kydex for all of your gear

Including full kit

tourniquets

And AI mags

After meeting the crew from Nanuk at the Sportsmen’s show I did some more research on their product line so I came back to look for specific cases and was pleased they had all the ones I wanted to see along with more colour samples and the new 15 handgun case.

It was nice to catch up with Dan as well, he really listens to clients, nice touch on including a blue gun this time 😉

Last but not least, optics!!! The focus of this show really shined here as Stoeger brought some tactical Steiner optics versus the hunting line for Toronto Sportsmen’s Show

The 10x42R

M1050 LRF

They also had DBALS on the table but I didn’t get closeups

I missed the Vortex booth at SHOT although I did run into the Toronto crew while having a steak in Vegas lol…nice to see them again and have a chance to check out the lineup

The new RAZOR AMG red dot

My buddy has the Strike Eagle 1-6x24 on his AR15 and loves it…the illuminated, glass-etched AR-BDC reticle was HIGHLY visible and subtends with popular 5.56 mm cartridges...my friend can attest to Vortex’s claim that “the centered halo promotes fast target acquisition.”

Finally, Trijicon!

I have an MRO but I like the SRS as well

Not to mention the RMR

Surefire lights

And since you always ask…

Part 2: Firearms Outlet Canada’s new retail shop

The new shop is located in the same building as the old shop except that it is several times (as in at least 5) the size. The new space features classrooms and a soon to be opened in-door range (where the show was set up this year).

A quick shot of the store

Unfortunately my camera set up did not work too well with the back-lighting so sorry for the dark pics of the long guns

Hand guns

A few closeups of the shortest Tac Ord (although I liked the even shorter one on the show floor better)

The Sig P210 Legend

B&T APC

Tons of firearms accessories

I really want a Shot Maxx!!

So all in all a FANTASTIC show and a great day! In addition to all the cool gear, it was great to catch up with so many familiar faces and meet some people I have wanted to meet for a while. I believe they have plans to expand next year’s show and I do believe they could easily double or triple in size given the massive turnout. For sure I will be there.

RL
    Last edited by RL1; 03-25-2018 at 04:29 PM.

CGN Regular
    Great pictures as always! Thanks!
    Cathy

Was an awesome event!

Also was nice meeting you really quick!
    Last edited by NickVR; 03-25-2018 at 08:06 AM.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Man oh man all those pics sure make me wish I had planned to attend!

I like the look of the WK-180C, can't wait to see one at the range & try it out!

Thanks for the review RL1, much appreciated!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Heading out there this AM. Thanks RL1 for the awesome pic recap of it. I'm stoked now! lol
    CSSA Member

CGN Regular
    Thanks for the picture show. It most definitely was “insanely good”!

They definatly packed a lot of cool hardware into a small space! Everything I wanted to see, and fondle, was there for molesting! For me, as a lover of shotguns, having a stock 870 Remington beside a Tactical Ordanance massaged 870 was awesome! Their shotguns are incredible! Casey is a magician!
    CCFR Member

Great review, I'm even in the first pic! Lol

Looks like a great show. Wish I could have been there!! Is this going to be a yearly thing now?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Arclight's Avatar
    Great pics! Mrs Arclight and I are heading over to the show this afternoon.
    Vae Victis

CPC and OPC party member. CCFR, and OFHA member

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast