Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Range rules - safety glasses over regular glasses?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    Prescription inserts, or contact lenses and regular safety glasses, are the two best protections for corrected eyes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    They don't enfore glasses-over-glasses here, but yeah, normal glasses don't offer that much protection.

I've gotten 'hit' by some carbon fragment a couple of years ago and it scratched a big part of the cornea... I was wearing normal glasses at the time. It hurt for a long time, and i could feel the severe itching sensation for years afterwards.

+1 for the revision pro-wear. A couple of eye places here in Ottawa can make the lense inserts for 100$ IIRC.
    'nada

Shooting glasses--whether they require them or not...it just makes sense to wear them. Talk to your optometrist and ask what he or she advises...ask what is available in the way of safety glasses

Mine stated optional pending condition of the glasses themselves. If they were not damaged than its fine one way or the other.
    SINGLE ISSUE VOTER: Vote CPC or gun bans incoming.

I'd rather be judged my 12 than carried by 6.

Bearhunter: ad hominem attacks, hostile gatekeeping and trolling since 2022

My prescription lenses are polycarbonate, so it's the best of both worlds.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    They don't enfore glasses-over-glasses here, but yeah, normal glasses don't offer that much protection.

I've gotten 'hit' by some carbon fragment a couple of years ago and it scratched a big part of the cornea... I was wearing normal glasses at the time. It hurt for a long time, and i could feel the severe itching sensation for years afterwards.

+1 for the revision pro-wear. A couple of eye places here in Ottawa can make the lense inserts for 100$ IIRC.
    Would you mind sharing which places in Ottawa?

thankl you

My work requires me to wear eye protection and hearing protection. So I have custom molded db blocker earplugs and CSA stamped impact resistant prescription glasses with side shields. Glasses over glasses is not exactly comfortable, and shooting requires corrected sight, so I'm lucky to have suitable PPE.

No!

My prescription safety glasses have less distortion than my regular glasses, so I use the safety glasses every time.

Quote Originally Posted by cat6_racer View Post
    Do range rules these days typically require safety glasses over top one's regular eyeglasses?

EDIT: Thanks so much for your replies, everyone!
    Depends on the range. Guys at my club just use their regular glasses. But be forewarned that brass can come and hit and chip it. Then stuck walking around with clips and scratches on your own glasses. I personally bought a cheap pair of RX safety glasses for around 50 $ from places like Zenni Optical. Than my regular glasses.

But I have had brass come down and land between my frames and face.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast