Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: FX-9 Canadian Release!

Business Member Rep
    A pre-order is a sales tool as far as I am concerned. It is a better reflection on true demand for a new product.
    It's easy to say "I'll take one" or "definitely on my want list", "count me in" etc etc etc. We order based on supposed demand we see online in comments such as this and only sell 10%. Not a good business decision.
    As Mr Wolverine stated earlier he doesn't like pre-orders either but ther are a necessary evil.

Should have held back on pre ordering from you guys. Others are offering free shipping. You guys never do. This will be my
    Last purchase from Wolverine.
    I didn't invent the turtle neck, but I was the first to recognize it's potential as a tactical garment... Tactical turtle neck. Tactlneck.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

How's it shoot lefty??
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guy View Post
    A pre-order is a sales tool as far as I am concerned. It is a better reflection on true demand for a new product.
    It's easy to say "I'll take one" or "definitely on my want list", "count me in" etc etc etc. We order based on supposed demand we see online in comments such as this and only sell 10%. Not a good business decision.
    As Mr Wolverine stated earlier he doesn't like pre-orders either but ther are a necessary evil.
    I disagree. There are other dealers who refuse to do the pre order thing. They do their best to gauge the market based on experience in the market place and a keen eye on what is in demand. They then have enough supply on hand when available to satisfy the initial demand. No one knows when that will ultimately end but a highly switched on business like Wolverine surely has a good idea what the market will bare in the first year of sales. Its not exact science but its also not alien technology. Everyone knows the holy grail of the Canadian gun market is non restricted PCC that takes 10 round pistol mags. And then N.R. .223 / .308 Stanag mag capable of 10 round pistol mags( if available ). Start with one thousand of each and you will sell everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ZDC View Post
    If you think about it a pre order like this is win win. One if they sell out the first order fast well does that not show firearms manufactures that the Canadian market is worth dealing with. So the more people that pre order the better it’s is I feel. And what Wolverine is doing I totally find cool only $200 down and worst you lose is $50 which is fair. I also collect watches and many times I wait 6-8 months for watches I pay in full for. But with a reputable seller like wolverine I’m not worried about , they are awesome to deal with. Just my thoughts .
    Yup, I’ve also had bad experiences with pre-orders. However, I’m willing to put $200 down to secure mine. Much better than a full pre-purchase with a long wait. Especially with the refund (less admin fee) offered this is a fair deal for the dealer and the customer. Would still only do this with an excellent dealer like Wolverine, but have been waiting to order something else from them based o previous good service and their advocacy for the firearms community in Canada. In fact, I’d be comfortable putting down the full amount with Wolverine but am glad I don’t have to. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    Yup, I’ve also had bad experiences with pre-orders. However, I’m willing to put $200 down to secure mine. Much better than a full pre-purchase with a long wait. Especially with the refund (less admin fee) offered this is a fair deal for the dealer and the customer. Would still only do this with an excellent dealer like Wolverine, but have been waiting to order something else from them based o previous good service and their advocacy for the firearms community in Canada. In fact, I’d be comfortable putting down the full amount with Wolverine but am glad I don’t have to. YMMV.
    This has been my first pre-order with them hopefully it all goes smoothly - my cc has been charged the down payment already - looking at getting mine in December

From Classic Firearms site:

Note - The FX-9 Carbine is designed for right handed use. We advise left handed shooters to consider this before purchase, as some features may not be well suited to all left handed shooters.

I can't find much else referring to left handed use. Anyone find anything?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by IvoB View Post
    This has been my first pre-order with them hopefully it all goes smoothly - my cc has been charged the down payment already - looking at getting mine in December
    Can’t believe I wasn’t checking CGN on vacation. What was I thinking lol - now I have to wait? Where’d you get your estimated delivery date from?

Ordered placed . Now to choose between a Glock 19, 17 MOS, or 34 for my next handgun purchase so they can share magazines. Going to be awesome to take one caliber and magazines to the range and shoot the carbine and the handgun. Sweet!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSal View Post
    From Classic Firearms site:

Note - The FX-9 Carbine is designed for right handed use. We advise left handed shooters to consider this before purchase, as some features may not be well suited to all left handed shooters.

I can't find much else referring to left handed use. Anyone find anything?
    Hmmm that doesn't sound overly promising. I pre ordered based on some of the video I saw that didn't appear it was an issue but perhaps there is. Wolverine can you comment on this? I know a couple of you are Lefty's.

Controls I don't care so much about I can make due there but getting dinged in the face with hot brass is something I'm not a fan of.
    Last edited by Fastxr; 03-31-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastxr View Post
    Hmmm that doesn't sound overly promising. I pre ordered based on some of the video I saw that didn't appear it was an issue but perhaps there is. Wolverine can you comment on this? I know a couple of you are Lefty's.

Controls I don't care so much about I can make due there but getting dinged in the face with hot brass is something I'm not a fan of.
    As soon as our sample is back her I will test fire her myself and report back, I am a lefty myself. If I find she is indeed not suitable for a lefty you can cancel with a full refund (no admin fee on this occasion) but please e-mail me if you want to cancel.