Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12222425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: FX-9 Canadian Release!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Lol...what?!? a preorder has never been delayed before? Is this a completely new thing? No...it isn’t

You guys couldn’t foresee that fx rates would move and that material costs would change? That excuse is bs if you ask me. Tell me the last time a manufacturer has ever made a preorder date on time and I might believe.

Crap like this is exactly why I never do preorders anymore. If retailers can’t hedge against unexpected costs then don’t do preorders and don’t take people’s money before you can commit to a price. Pretty simple

When I’m ready to buy this gun...I’ll be looking to irunguns first. At least their pricing approach is transparent
    Last edited by Onagoth; 07-19-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Last edited by adamstr; 07-19-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldfire View Post
    question.
    will the new tariffs on aluminium and steel effect the future price in this and other firearms coming in?
    this is assuming that the first batch of imports will not be.
    thanks
    Yes....

Super GunNutz
    looks like somebody figured out a way to pad the proffits,i dont buy the US dollar story,as the hasn't moved much since putting my deposit on this thing,and sorry,,but this thing is NOT worth $1049.00 now,increase of $150.00 with all kinds of excuses,i'll be cancelling mine,mile long barrel din't look that great anyways,i'll stick to my Marlin Camp 9 carbines,sorry Wolverine,but this is just a tad fishy,that being said,i do appreciate the effort put in to get this thing in Canada,so will remain a customer anyways,

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    When I’m ready to buy this gun...I’ll be looking to irunguns first. At least their pricing approach is transparent
    Just look to the EE a week after people start receiving them. I could have bought a BCL 102 second hand at a fair price ten times over months before I received the one I had pre-ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    looks like somebody figured out a way to pad the proffits,i dont buy the US dollar story,as the hasn't moved much since putting my deposit on this thing,and sorry,,but this thing is NOT worth $1049.00 now,increase of $150.00 with all kinds of excuses,i'll be cancelling mine,mile long barrel din't look that great anyways,i'll stick to my Marlin Camp 9 carbines,sorry Wolverine,but this is just a tad fishy,that being said,i do appreciate the effort put in to get this thing in Canada,so will remain a customer anyways,
    For sure. What other guns have gone up in price nearly 15% between now and eight months ago? None.

CGN Regular
    I'm no princess, driller and I don't do emt so credit card was the only way to put a deposit down.
    and if you were old enough to know any better, and exchange of currency is a contract that both parties agreed too.
    and it's actually a binding agreement.
    now go back and rethink your ethics if you think name calling is a good thing, if your a gentleman, because only children usually do such things.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    Whos selling it for 1049$?

You gotta be kidding me

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Akito View Post
    I posted this in the other fx-9 thread but since this has more people i'm cutting and pasting:

so I just got voicemail from Wolverine with an update. The VM says they are now expecting shipments in October.....which i'm OK with.

The other piece of news is that due to 'increased costs' ie tariffs, material costs, exchange rate, etc the price is going up to $1049 (+$150 over previous quoted price). Pre-order people are being given the option of backing out. I have to think hard about whether I want it bad enough to warrant the price increase.
    Who is stating that it's gone up to 1049$.....?????? Show me proof that a dealer/distributer said this

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Who is stating that it's gone up to 1049$.....?????? Show me proof that a dealer/distributer said this
    Wolverine is. Delivery is fall now and price just went up.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

I've received an email from Tillsonburg Gun Shop that the new price is $1049

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post