Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15252728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: FX-9 Canadian Release!

I hate to say it but within the past year there have been multiple retailers who have set contracts at a certain price, taken a deposit to lock you in at said price, and then when the supplier changes the price they have to change their end of the bargain which ends up only hurting the final buyer. I understand the purpose behind a deposit but at the same time when someone pays a deposit it's to both reserve a product and lock in a price.

I understand people say it's out of a retailers control, but it's also out of the final buyers control as well. Pre-orders without a deposit should be a new option with an approximate price, if the price fluctuates then there's no outrage because people have no money in on something under the idea that they were locked in at that price. At least they're giving the option to back out full refund, but still this pre-order system in Canada has to change. If the price of the product went down, the pre-order price would stay the same to the end user with more profit to the store which in the end means the only perceived risk of paying more is on the end user.

Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    Dude you signed up this month to the forum I doubt you have a rifle on order from the first batch lol
    Just so you know people outside of CGN are aware of this rifle as well..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    No doubt, get your deposit back and then sue them for the interest you lost on the $200.00 deposit.
    Or sue them and ask the court to oblige them to fulfill the terms of the original agreement. There are different other equitable remedies available at law
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    Or sue them and ask the court to oblige them to fulfill the terms of the original agreement. There are different other equitable remedies available at law
    I'm sure I wouldn't know all the different ways people can sue today, but I'm also sure I won't be suing Wolverine over this.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    I'm sure I wouldn't know all the different ways people can sue today, but I'm also sure I won't be suing Wolverine over this.
    Well I’m not a lawyer but I have taken several law courses in a professional capacity. This seems like breach of contract to me and one of the remedies available is a court order requiring Wolverine to fulfill the original terms of their agreement.

The last time I preordered from them, there was no clause whatsoever in that sales agreement allowing them to modify the price after the fact. But I’m glad I’m not in this mess this time around
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

I received a phone call today from Wolverine, I'm very high on the pre-order list. I said I'd keep my pre-order and said thank you.

If one were so inclined:
    1. you could buy a restricted version with a 16" barrel from classic firearms for $649.99
    2. Use a 1.32 USD exchange multiplier and you get $857.99 CAD
    3. Take $857.99 and add $150 import fee from a company who is not on cgn and imports (think the people who lived in Mexico before the Spanish came along then add something to do with an arm and a ry)
    4. Total $1007.99 ....add shipping from Classic Firearms to FFL, add tax as needed.
    5. Realize that even at $649.99 USD in the states, a CAD price of $1049.99 still gets you the firearm cheaper...(and NON-restricted)...vs any variation of importation an individual could utilize.

Price increase is unfortunate, not seeing the US price's increase is unfortunate, not getting the 2 17/rd mags and a 33rd mag is unfortunate, not getting the Aim sports red/green dot sight is unfortunate.

If Wolverine were so inclined (to assuage their customers concerns) I would suggest that if US dealers can offer this firearm with 3 mags and a red dot...maybe there's something CAD customers could receive...my suggestion, substitute the single mag for a single glock 33/10 mag...(US versions come with the 33 rd glock style mags plus the two 17 rd mags). It's not much, but it's something of an olive branch.
    Last edited by benwilliam; 07-19-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    1 cannot successfully legislate an object 2 control an action / If u have a problem & u think someone else is going to fix it for u; u actually have 2 problems / If guns kill people then pens misspell words,spoons make u fat & cars make u drive drunk

Seriously guys, the dudes at Wolverine are some of if not the most innovative and professional firearm people in Canada. Absolutely 100% respect for them despite this disappointing turn.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofvarmint View Post
    Seriously guys, the dudes at Wolverine are some of if not the most innovative and professional firearm people in Canada. Absolutely 100% respect for them despite this disappointing turn.
    I have nothing but respect for Wolverine I do not believe this issue is anything that Wolverine has caused, what I dislike is seemingly US companies taking advantage of Canadian orders and jerking us around. Maybe there is more going on here than I know but as I previously mentioned if F.O. had any intention of having these rifles ready near the initial estimation then material cost increases should not have been an issue.

Wolverine is awesome, and I’ll be keeping my pre-order, but it could be a nice gesture to those with pre-orders to offer a nice vortex red dot “at cost.” They obviously don’t have to, but I wouldn’t complain

It may be time at a minimum to not buy any more tariff/national taxed products from the US. Everyone should cancel the orders and send a clear message to Americans and let them deal with their elected circus.