Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: REPLACEMENT CZ 858 Receivers

Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    As i understand it, the firsts imports were not converted autos. The FRT approved guns did not have the problematic receivers.

Then CZ changed receivers on the next batches and it got through customs like that for years.

Converted automatic guns always have been prohibited.

No law change there. Only thing that changed ? The receiver.

Pretty easy to see its a converted auto, it has the automatic sear and its filled with welding.
    You are wrong, all the receiver's were identical internally, all showing the same welds, the first four that were submitted to the RCMP had the same welds. Not the first time the RCMP have changed their minds. This is all history now, the debate is long over.

There are many other firearms in Canada where the receivers are identical between prohibited and non prohibited models, some of these sell for several thousand dollars each but I am not about to list them here!
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 03-27-2018 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Spelling

Another option is keep fighting this ridiculous/useless Bill and hopefully it won't pass.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    You are wrong, all the receiver's were identical internally, all showing the same welds, the first four that were submitted to the RCMP had the same welds. Not the first time the RCMP have changed their minds.
    Thanks for the info.

Then the RCMP is to blame.

I appreciate that you are taking the time to clarify things.

Would we end up obtaining a 12.3 class for our 858, or a new bs class just for 858 owners ?
    Quote Originally Posted by BP7
    It's a DUTY pistol, not a Faberge egg.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    The rifles will be in a class there own, you can't get any other previous prohib.
    CCFR/NFA

Mr Wolverine, thanks for providing us with options...

If my worst case scenario becomes true - the currently NR CZ-858s become prohibited after much fighting - my preference would be to go with your Option 2... That would be my personal "up yours" to the powers that be, I am "grandfathered" in the newly created prohibited class (whatever that means...) via the receiver and I get to use the rest of the parts into a new NR rifle. For me, it is a matter of principle and I would be willing to pay half the price of a new Kodiak rifle. You can count me in as a definite customer when the time comes, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    Imho there is a question concerning Wolverine's and CZ's liability for selling guns made of converted automatic receivers.

Oh boy i won't be popular here.

At least its been said.
    There is one for every thread...
    CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SKS45 View Post
    There is one for every thread...
    Everyone can't be as awesome and intelligent as you are.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Holleyman's Avatar
    The funny fact is trying to get a mill to make a nice cut through a weld verses a virgin piece of metal. It's easier to modify and convert a non-molested receiver than a welded one.
    The government and RCMP are obtuse when it comes to firearms reality and facts.
    If the answer is more government, more laws and /or more regulation, the question must have been pretty stupid.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wd113 View Post
    He's saying if you chop the receiver you are still legal with what's left to build on another legal receiver at some point. Basically turning the prohib rifle into a parts kit....
    And if you don't chop it you end up with a part kit and a receiver you can sell or give to someone who wants to be granfathered in. Or get granfathered in yourself. You don't lose the part kit because if you don't chop the receiver.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast