CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calgary Shooting Centre - News/Membership info

Shooting center will be my new range once my current membership expires. Do you guys offer your renewal package to people renewing from another club in the city?

If you're going to be shooting 38 Super at a public range where there is invariably someone else shooting, you're going to have to deal with a few lost casings. It's a caliber almost no one shoots at CSC, and if they do it must be very closely policed because in over 100 trips to the range last year I never inadvertently collected so much as a singe 38 Super case.

I do however, always come home from the range with more .40S&W and .45ACP than I arrived with, and have built up a nice enough surplus over the past year that I will likely never have to purchase another piece of brass for those calibers. I've always considered this (and the fact that I never get harassed for it) a really nice bonus and a definite benefit of shooting at CSC, which is something I would like to say thank you for.

Congrats on your anniversary!
    VE6TXS
    Please, try to add your location to your profile and or listing when using the EE. Thank you.

So I renewed my membership this week, how does the points system work?

Yes, more details about the points system please. Does it apply to any any items including ones on sale? How do you redeem them?
    There is no way EVERYBODY was kung*fu fighting. No way!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    Oh wow, didn't ever think of that......you have four our five people shooting, at least a good 500-700 rounds of mixed brass already on the floor, you see how much of your brass you can get back. I hate to be a ##### about this, but .45acp and .38 super are not casings you can just toss. Average practice session for me is 2-300 rounds. I am lucky if I can get 20 or 30 back. My idea is, "hey guys, I am shooting 200 rounds of .45 today, can I get 200 cases back". Would save everyone a lot of agro and fussing about with piddly brooms annoying other shooters. Hell give me a bucket to pick through.
    Ive been able to fetch literally every casing ive spent with a broom there. I chuck a bag under the table to block it from rolling forward.

Sponsoring Business Shooting Centre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzziRhyno View Post
    Yes, more details about the points system please. Does it apply to any any items including ones on sale? How do you redeem them?
    Points can be applied to any inventory or service item. Ask to redeem points when making a purchase.
    --
    Calgary Shooting Centre
    http://store.theshootingcentre.com/

For orders, please visit our online store or email us at: orders@theshootingcentre.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Centre View Post
    Points can be applied to any inventory or service item. Ask to redeem points when making a purchase.
    I'm renewing soon at another facility, maybe switching over to CSC. What's the point value? Like Airmiles, 100 points = $1.00? $10.00? And when a member makes purchases, is there a point scale per dollar spent? I can't find anything on the interwebs about it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Backwoods; 05-27-2018 at 01:35 PM. Reason: clarifying post

Attachment 164835
    Attachment 164836

Easter marks our 7th anniversary, and we have some big news for our membership.

Starting 1 April 2018, we will be introducing a loyalty point program for our membership. Standard members will receive 2% of every sale in CSC points. Each CSC point is redeemable for $1 in merchandise or services. Premium members will receive 3% of each sale in CSC points.

But wait, there's more:

We have kept our membership prices constant since we opened. This in spite of ever increasing utility costs, rising insurance costs, increased payroll costs, and most recently carbon taxes. But we are committed to providing our membership with the best shooting club, and the best value for their dollars. So, once again this year, we will be leaving our membership prices unchanged. Not only that, but renewing standard members will get 100 CSC points (a $100 value), and renewing premium members will receive 200 CSC points (a $200 value).

Still more,

We have been proud to offer a local hero discount on memberships to police, military, EMS, and Firefighters. This year we are extending that to retired police, military, EMS and Firefighters. We are also offering a reduced membership for armed professionals (Armoured car guards, contractors, etc). All of these members are also eligible for the 100 CSC points on renewal.
    really wish we had a club/business that supported the shooting sports locally like this. closest one i can think of is just over 2 hours way. . Our local indoor range is only open 2 day a week and only for a couple of hours each time. and the closest out door range is an hour away.
    Aim True, Be Safe and Have a Nice Day, And some day ill Have a Serbu BFG-50A

Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    I'm renewing soon at another facility, maybe switching over to CSC. What's the point value? Like Airmiles, 100 points = $1.00? $10.00? And when a member makes purchases, is there a point scale per dollar spent? I can't find anything on the interwebs about it.

Thanks!
    Starting 1 April 2018, we will be introducing a loyalty point program for our membership. Standard members will receive 2% of every sale in CSC points. Each CSC point is redeemable for $1 in merchandise or services. Premium members will receive 3% of each sale in CSC points.
    Looks like 1 point = $1.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123