Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Word on Range Rabbit Service

Further to my last, if anyone is in the Fredericton area of NB and has one of the X-Wing stands, please pm me, I'd love to handle it/try it out/get some first hand testing in on it. I assure you that if I damage it, I'll replace it.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Slug870 View Post
    Further to my last, if anyone is in the Fredericton area of NB and has one of the X-Wing stands, please pm me, I'd love to handle it/try it out/get some first hand testing in on it. I assure you that if I damage it, I'll replace it.

Cheers!
    Bueller... Bueller... Bueller.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    It looks as though their stands are of good quality, (I am particularly interested in the X-Wing Base), however I am not sure I can justify the price when I can cobble something together myself. Perhaps I will see one some day if someone has one at the range, but without trying/testing it first I'm still very much on the fence.

Just to be clear, I am certain that they would be of great quality as everything I've received from Glenn has been, but without first hand testing I am reluctant to spend the money on a stand/base.
    Look up AR500 3/4" steel conduit target stand on ebay.
    Best $20 you will ever spend Sir for a plate target hanger.
    You use 3/4" galvanized steel conduit, slip the AR500 inserts right into the ends of the conduit.
    Conduit cross bar, conduit legs. Dirt cheap, tough as hardened nails and very light weight to lug downrange. You can cut it to suit whatever height, length etc you want with a hacksaw.
    Just get some hardware for $8 at the Home Depot and you're ready to rock and roll!

The inserts are shaped like a circle with two legs coming off the bottom like an upside down 'V'.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Look up AR500 3/4" steel conduit target stand on ebay.
    Best $20 you will ever spend Sir for a plate target hanger.
    You use 3/4" galvanized steel conduit, slip the AR500 inserts right into the ends of the conduit.
    Conduit cross bar, conduit legs. Dirt cheap, tough as hardened nails and very light weight to lug downrange. You can cut it to suit whatever height, length etc you want with a hacksaw.
    Just get some hardware for $8 at the Home Depot and you're ready to rock and roll!

The inserts are shaped like a circle with two legs coming off the bottom like an upside down 'V'.
    I do appreciate your reply, however I'm looking for a stand to have a 2x4 upright holding heavy steel targets (ie large gongs, full size IPSC shaped).

I have quite a few hanger style for steel gongs such as the type you referenced, but I need a few "stand up style"

Cheers!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    I do appreciate your reply, however I'm looking for a stand to have a 2x4 upright holding heavy steel targets (ie large gongs, full size IPSC shaped).

I have quite a few hanger style for steel gongs such as the type you referenced, but I need a few "stand up style"

Cheers!
    My bad I miss-read your last post.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    My bad I miss-read your last post.
    No worries Brother.

It is looking like I'm going to have to order one of the X-Wing bases to try... If it doesn't do what I am expecting of it, well it is not that much of a loss.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123