Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger Mini 14 223 Remington/5.56 Nato 30/5 rd Blue Finish in Canada on sale 39.99USD

I just bought 3 30/5 from Irunguns it came to 119 us plus 30 canadian for shipping and tax..I'm happy

Can't believe these didn't get bought up already. Guess the mini 14 isn't getting the love it used to. Too many other options...
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

So I got my mags and found an issue I couldn't live with. They were pinned properly, kind of. Each round got much harder to pop in than the last and the 5th round was so tight it stopped the bolt from stripping it. The issue was the rivets were catching the spring and not letting it compress. So 1 coil was doing all the work. I shortened some 1/8" rivets so that theyre long enough to catch the follower but not so long as to catch the spring. The holes were drilled in the right spot so I can't jam a 6th round in even with an excessive amount of force. They work as they should now and remain in compliance with the dumbest law in the books. Just thought I'd pass that along for anyone else who was disappointed when they got their mags.
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

CGN Regular
    I had the same issue with the 5/20's that I bought. Loaded the first one and after stripping the first round the second round did not rise. I took one apart, and noticed the spring was caught mid-coil on the end of the rivet, which prevented the spring from maintaining upward pressure on the plate. I re-seated the spring and it seemed to be functional.
    I have not put the time into figuring out a long-term fix, so thank you for posting this. I'll try the same mod to the rivet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12