Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Varmint optics-what do you use?

Leupold Vx3i 2.5-8.0 x 36 on my Tikka T3x
    The Goldilocks of scopes just right if you ask me - am able to take up to 300 yard shot with ease.

the fine print:

"The VX®-3i delivers what hunters want most in a riflescope: outstanding performance in low light, in an incredibly tough yet lightweight package. With the Twilight Max Light Management System you’ll be able to see more game and pick out amazing detail during those crucial first and last minutes of daylight. We also gave it match-grade repeatability and ergonomic controls that are easy to read and use, even with gloves. Everything we put into your VX-3i is there to help you tag out"

I have Trijicon 2.5-10x56mm Accupower on my Tikka 3x 223 which is very good in low light along with its illuminated reticle

BSA Sweet .223 6-18x40 BDC - By far the best scope I've owned for coyotes and wolves.
    Opinions are like Ar$eholes - everybody has one!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    NFA Member

I will stays where I'm at 'til you knows where I'm to
    Loving my bushnell ar optics. Price was great and the side parallax is even better.
    CCFR
    Do it right THIS time, you may not get a NEXT time.
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a veteran."

Ended up with a Steiner 1-4 P4Xi, from reviews the glass is very good it is worth giving uo the 2x.

CGN Regular
    I use a vortex viper 2.5-10x44 in a Burris pepr mount and a vortex viper red dot perched on top.
    It’s a nice weight and easy transition from scope to red dot

Trijicon accupower 2.5-10 x 56 lets lots of light in works great.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixter View Post
    I use a vortex viper 2.5-10x44 in a Burris pepr mount and a vortex viper red dot perched on top.
    It’s a nice weight and easy transition from scope to red dot
    Quote Originally Posted by maifire View Post
    Loving my bushnell ar optics. Price was great and the side parallax is even better.
    I have the Bushnell AR Optic, pepr-mounted with a Burris Fastfire on top on my DPMS. I don't use it much (maybe 3 gun some day) and will try the red dot mounted on the side and see how I like that. Obviously not for varmint hunting in this pansy-azz country though. The AR Optic had everything, feature-wise, that I was looking for in a nice compact package and a very good price too. The only thing I find is that it is not overly forgiving on positioning the shooting eye to get a full ocular lens picture.

I have a Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 with BDC reticle on my .223 'intended' coyote-popper. Really like it.
    "I've been offered a lot for my work, but never everything.", The Magnificent Seven
    "Nothing wrong with quiet.", Jeremiah Johnson
    CCFR CPC member ONTARIOPC member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mount Sweetness's Avatar
    I prefer Leupold VX3 4.5-14x40, any in this configuration (VariXiii, VXIII, etc).
    I am also a fan of the Leupold VX2 4-12x40 AO.
    I prefer a fine reticle but regular Duplex also does the trick.

For Sale: 22 Hornet brass and dies.
    PM me please

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Sightron SIII, 6-24 MOA-2 Reticle. Sits on my .223 groundhog/coyote rifle. I can tell you it's fantastic for groundhogs, but a jinx for coyotes. The scope before it was a Vortex Viper HS 4-16/BDC. Great scope for the $, the Sightron has better glass...and more magnification than I need.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast