Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR3 14-15 Jul 2018 Debrief Here!

Quote Originally Posted by snake2016 View Post
    Hello,

Can you please give any suggestions about ammo HIRTENBERGER 308 WIN (7.62×51) 146gr FMJ (Lead Core) 240/Pack?

Thank you!
    It’s military surplus ammo that should go bang every time you squeeze the trigger. As for accuracy....I suspect you’ll get what you pay for.

Hello,

Can you please give any suggestions about ammo HIRTENBERGER 308 WIN (7.62×51) 146gr FMJ (Lead Core) 240/Pack?

Thank you!
    I’ve seen a few guns shoot that stuff around 2 moa at 100m. If you have a decent rifle it would be worth it to get some more accurate ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisward3 View Post
    It’s military surplus ammo that should go bang every time you squeeze the trigger. As for accuracy....I suspect you’ll get what you pay for.
    Thank you!

Business Member
    Truck is packed, Impact books are loaded up, just gotta gas up on the highway. I’m looking at the forecast for the weekend in Garrison Petawawa and it looks like a warm weekend and sunny for the most part. GTA is forecasting showers and a chance of a TShower for S Ontario. Who knows eh? Be ready for anything.

I do know TheDuck always keeps a set of snowshoes handy in his Dodge Caravan unit!!

Quesada Burrito at 1900 hours for those in the immediate area. Sometimes a crew of you shooters get together at the local Kelsey’s here in Petawawa!

Now for the shopping types, google search Full Spectrum Gear on Victoria Street, and also, Millbrook Tactical (they close at 5 PM )

See you folks on the weekend!

Cheers, Barney

Quote Originally Posted by ekimne View Post
    Hello,

Thank you!
    I’ve seen a few guns shoot that stuff around 2 moa at 100m. If you have a decent rifle it would be worth it to get some more accurate ammo.
    last clinic I tried some to see how it compared to the IVI and Dominion 7.62 NATO I had used in the past. It was better, but every 4 or 5 rounds would be a flyer, and the groups were not that great compared to the Federal Match I've been using the last few matches.

it will be fine if you are just starting PR, but you will eventually want to get something better as you improve.

What rifle do you have? Do you know the rifling twist rate?

Business Member
    Here at my cottage in Garrisson Petawawa now. Getting hungry and hungrier by the moment.

See you folks for Burritos...

Cheers, Barney

Wife gave me the green light to head up tomorrow AM for the match!

See y'all soon!

Good times, was great to see you all there. Looking forward to the next one in August. Hope the heat wave passes by then, I now know more then ever I shoot better in the rain. That is as long as its not monsoon rain in 30 deg heat.

Business Member
    The results are up in post number two of this thread!!

I hope everyone got home okay without any grief on the roads but we all know that the GTA area shooters have to deal with all the returning cottage traffic! Hope all is well.

I’ve shamelessly stolen these words and the credit belongs to others and not me, I’m not THAT smart...

“If you want to be GREAT, be Grateful!!” Truer words could not have been said...

* I’m grateful to Garrison Petawawa Gun Club President ChalkRiver2, we do great work together, yes we are regimental brothers, our best days are NOT behind us because we still have much work to do
    * I’m grateful to our sentry Heather since she fulfills a crucial role, many of you don’t know this but her alternate role is to maintain comms with Range Control...that frees me up to ,do what I do best, and that’s to tell stale jokes on the firing line!
    * I’m grateful for the dudes at Range Control because they ensure a very smooth process for obtaining our vehicle passes and facilitate a fast march off

* I’m super grateful for my butts officers for organizing you target pullers, these extra duties they perform are crucial to my matches. In the ORA I was a dedicated ButtsO and for a few years my role did not allow me to shoot at all, so I had to be a paid staff member for their SR matches especially during the transition from DCRA SR rules to CAFSAC rules back in 2010
    * I’m grateful for the attitudes all the shooters displayed while working at target presentation, it was flawless. Thanks!
    * I’m grateful for parents who bring their kids to me so that I can teach them right as well as corrupt their thinking...I will make Dirty Patricias out of them...just look at Callsign22!! Your kids might turn out like Morgan and Me!

* I’m grateful that Callsign22 was able to come out and join us for two days of trigger time...he has NEVER take a shot from his belly in three deployments! All his successful encounters were done from the standing position...I better tell that to the Target Rifle and FClass shooters over at the DCRA and ORA Hahahaha

Okay, many of you drove a great distance to shoot with us in Garrison Petawawa Bravo Range....what’s your take away from this weekend?

Cheers, Barney

I enjoyed being paired with Chris W. When you get paired with an above average shooter, it forces you to up your game.

Calling the dance in the butts was a great experience, made better by having a cooperative bunch presenting targets. Thanks to Shelldrake for his guidance regarding the rules, and Chris W leading the cleanup and target dressing while I listened to comms during the 600.
    I also realized all the foam and duct tape on my “economy” setup got pretty mooshy above 24 degrees. Maybe time for some bondo.
    Ray-Vin scope stands are the bomb. Anyone tired of their tripod should just go Ray-Vin.
    223 Remington works fine, I just need to react quicker to my spotter’s wind call, as I got caught waiting too long a few times.

I hope to make it out in August. See you then.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast