Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR3 14-15 Jul 2018 Debrief Here!

Nothing say “I Love You” like being schooled by your wife at 500m. Did I mention that she had never touched off a centrefire rifle, or cycled a bolt before? Yeah, I failed to mention that Barney, didn’t want you to get antsy.

What another great weekend of Barney’s PR hosted at Petawawa. Huge thanks to Barney, ChalkRiver2 and super-sentry Heather, couldn’t do it without you. Very happy to see familar faces and some new (and young) ones too, I trust everyone learned something about themselves and their rigs. Hope to see you all again in the future.

V-IV

Business Member
    Speaking of “up” ing your game, and you guys came in second place there, PatM or extremacanuck....

When you help others on the line , THAT effort alone will UP your game. It’s one of the reasons I’m loving my new role in life as a Match Director. I could die happy right now because nothing thrills me more that seeing a guy like sidetrack shoot a 50.4V at 600m especially when he was experiencing scope doubts at 200m. I was in pain feeling his struggles, but we turned things around for him at the 500m and 600m mounds

Cheers, Barney

Once again another steller weekend on the Range in Garrison Petawawa. Hosted by Pet Gun Club Pres Chalkriver2 and Match Director Barney.
    Thankful these 2 guys schedule these weekends throughout the season.
    Thanks to all who show up and work hard to set up and tear down Range/Butts.
    Great to see friends from over the years!! Since these PR shoots have been happening.
    A very solid and excellent group of people who come out. Always look forward to seeing everyone when I make it to Pet myself.
    Thanks to Danny's for providing the best Prime Rib you can find in the World!

Another awesome weather weekend too. Lots of sunshine.

See you all in August.

do you ever run the newbie clinic at CFB Borden ?
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 07-18-2018 at 11:48 AM.

If it was easy......everyone would be doing it !!
    Member- CSSA , OFAH , Ducks Unlimited, OFMF

CGN frequent flyer
    A good time was had by all as the saying goes. It was a fluke Diamond Duck and I got first place. I had forgot to dial up my elevation for the 200M so lost points there. It was not a fluke TRDJer got first as an individual with the time he puts in with his rifle.
    I am grateful for the relaxed manner in which the weekend is held. It is not that it is unsafe and folks goof off. It is the lack of drama at Petawawa that is the usual part of one organizations matches I have attended I appreciate.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deckerhead View Post
    do you ever run the newbie clinic at CFB Borden ?
    Trying to manipulate these pictures can get annoying....

YES back in 2014 when I WAS the Match Director for the ORA. I just ran a newbie clinic in Garrisson Petawawa on 26-27 March. It was a large crew but we all got in the trigger time.

Name:  D2C4EE13-4D5B-47E3-B275-ECC73ED228B5.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  79.5 KB

And this is what the firing line looked like...

Name:  636CC5E4-3D9F-4602-9E26-775F5AC1E6CC.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  71.3 KB

We ran all 12 target lanes. Big thanks to my helpers.

Cheers, Barney

Great weekend as always. Tons of fun and great people are what make it so special. I can't express how much these weekends mean to me.

See you all again soon!

Ps I'll be packing some new fire next go around, can't wait ����

Over and out
    Even the worst day at the range is still ten times better than your best day at work

CGN Regular
    Another great weekend with fellow shooters.

I'm grateful for:
    -Barney, Morgan and Heather for working together to put on another great clinic.
    -Callsign22 for being so willing to impart his knowledge.
    -Everyone for keeping atmosphere relaxed.
    -Lee for the ice packs and cold drink.
    -Scotiabank for the credit they give me.
    -Time spent with family.
    -A wife that lets me still enjoy my hobbies even though we have a four month old.

Now lets hope the next shoots aren't that hot. It makes me tempted to paint everything white or grey.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Trying to manipulate these pictures can get annoying....

YES back in 2014 when I WAS the Match Director for the ORA. I just ran a newbie clinic in Garrisson Petawawa on 26-27 March. It was a large crew but we all got in the trigger time.

Name:  D2C4EE13-4D5B-47E3-B275-ECC73ED228B5.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  79.5 KB

And this is what the firing line looked like...

Name:  636CC5E4-3D9F-4602-9E26-775F5AC1E6CC.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  71.3 KB

We ran all 12 target lanes. Big thanks to my helpers.

Cheers, Barney
    Yes I saw that. When will you run the next one ?

If it was easy......everyone would be doing it !!
    Member- CSSA , OFAH , Ducks Unlimited, OFMF

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deckerhead View Post
    Yes I saw that. When will you run the next one ?
    Hahahaha I’m still working on completing this season without any incidents or cancellations or unforeseen situations.....

Just come out and shoot for the weekend. Actually I’m debating with my crew whether I should even deliver a dedicated two day PR clinic. Frankly the arrangement we have right now is the best of ALL our worlds . So right now I’m not rushing to do a two day clinic.

We have had many rookie shooters turn up on the Saturday of our match/clinic weekend and have experienced success along the way. What’s not to like?

Cheers, Barney

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234