Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR4 11-12 Aug 2018 Debrief Here!

Business Member
    Results are up on Post 2 of this thread!

Well you know it’s coming....

“If you want to be great, be grateful!”

Once again another weekend PR Match is in the books...I’m grateful no cancellations (anywhere) with our weekend events.

* I’m grateful for the Garrison Petawawa Gun Club President ChalkRiver2 for hosting this event once again. None of this community would even exist nor get off the ground if it wasn’t for his initiative and perseverance. We are in our seventh year of working together and it’s been a fantastic partnership. Look at what we have done!

* I’m grateful for Range Control and their super fast, head spinning march off and clearance from the range. Things don’t get smoother than our working relationship with the patrollers, our shooters, our Butts Officers who enable the seamless clean up process....and that brings me to the next point

* I’m thankful to the Butts Officers who made Target presentations so very efficient and without any hassle or drama. I think you have done this before.

* I’m thankful to my mentor Timk who taught me how to be the best and smoothest ButtsO and he also mentored SgMacken...that’s how we do things here. We are better for all this training, now it’s my/our turn to pass it on to you shooters, one day I ain’t gonna be here to run things, I am confident you guys can take over. I am even more confident that when my shooters turn up at A Match , whatever it may be, they have the training, experience, and confidence to help avoid a potential Shzt show and minimize the drama

* I’m grateful for our sentry Heather who gives up her entire weekend to provide an essential service required by Range Control. All you see is Heather parked by the gate...she helps me a great deal with the Comms Radios since we have a line of sight , I can test out my radio strength before I test it out on the ButtsO beneath the concrete structure of the Butts. She also performs the ever important Comms Check with Range Control and that monumental task is lifted off my shoulders so I can stand over some of you and demonstrate the power of the mess hall baked bean breakfast I consumed that morning, during the Agony Snap 300m, of course.

* I’m super grateful for the parents who bring their kids into the shooting world, and help the kids develop their skills, then bring them to my matches. You don’t realize what a legacy you are leaving your kids. Im an empty nester and my 30 and 28 year old sons remind me every conversation what all this means! I could not be happier as a parent. I did many things right! Speaking of legacy, I have to admit sheepishly that Callsign22 is one of mine since he grew up hanging around my sons and their adventures...many of you heard and felt his impact last match PR3 in July. He has to deploy soon and let others on warmer climates feel our impact(s)....

* I’m grateful to my mentors whose teachings live in me everyday and every match, I am a product of all that training. When the matches move very smoothly, that’s not because I am good, heck no, it’s because I was trained by the BEST, and now I am super confident because of that. Remember that it’s not about your rifle or optics combination, it’s all about your training and resulting performances. One can have all sorts of hardware and gear, but if your training is lacking then we will certainly find out when we stress you during the match. Many of us in Combat Arms Trades call this, “A Princess Test.” Hahahaha

* I’m grateful for the patience of my clients especially the French speaking dudes who tolerate my antics as I proceed to butcher that language. I appreciate the corrections with my vocabulary or lack of...

I have to run off and feed my sick wife..... be back when I can

Cheers and regards

Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 08-13-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Had a great time this weekend. Big thank you to Barney, Morgan and Heather for putting in the time to make these weekends happen!

Thanks to Barney, Morgan, Heather for their time and setting up these weekends for us each year.
    Thanks to Garrison Pet and Range Control for letting it all happen on base ranges.
    Thanks to all the great shooters who show up each time. Many I've come to know over the years. Always good to see you all.
    Thanks to Danny's for hosting us each Saturday for dinner.

Another great match with lots of familiar faces. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Meaford in <1month!

Thanks to all the great folks who made it happen: Morgan, Barney, Heather, butts officers and all the great tips and hints offered along the way!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234