Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR5 29-30 Sep 2018 Debrief Here!

I'll be coming to this one. Most likely the whole weekend, I'll EMT you once I figure it out! Cheers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    You are Good to GO! EMT was perfectly done. Glad you are finally going to join all the fun here in the Valley....

Cheers, Barney

Sure am glad to join in, i was always waiting to get all the perfect gear before signing up, but since i had a 800M invite at Connaught i am definitely hooked to shooting figure 11 style targets at a distance!
    But you guys will have to bear with me as i have no spotting scope yet.
    Got a labradar though which i will bring, in the event someone in the group should need a quick and precise chrono for his load.

At Connaught we had something i will call (and know it’s not the propper term) a target pit.
    With some of the guys running the pits, patching targets and installing hit indicators.
    Is Petawawa set up in a similar fashion?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyK2500 View Post
    Sure am glad to join in, i was always waiting to get all the perfect gear before signing up, but since i had a 800M invite at Connaught i am definitely hooked to shooting figure 11 style targets at a distance!
    But you guys will have to bear with me as i have no spotting scope yet.
    Got a labradar though which i will bring, in the event someone in the group should need a quick and precise chrono for his load.

At Connaught we had something i will call (and know it’s not the propper term) a target pit.
    With some of the guys running the pits, patching targets and installing hit indicators.
    Is Petawawa set up in a similar fashion?
    We call them the Butts. You will be tasked to work down there! Except in Garrison Petawawa all the Butts are enclosed in concrete!

Cheers, Barney

Yes the butts...
    They we’re fully made of concrete too.

Alright i got a good feeling what’s waiting for me and September 29th can’t get here quick enough!

Hey Barney, finally a weekend that is open, we might be able to make this one. Mmmm... Danny's
    ORA - BRRC - IPSC - CSSA - CCFR - DCRA

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugout View Post
    Hey Barney, finally a weekend that is open, we might be able to make this one. Mmmm... Danny's
    I need to brainstorm some food culture for / with CQB , but with the single day event it’s kinda hard. That’s the beauty of Meaford LRSC in 7-8-9 September 2018. We have many places to eat. For example one night in Ted’s Range Diner and another night at the Leeky Canoe, downtown Meaford. I gotta get ChalkRiver2 all amped up to eat there. Then we can drop,him off at the Blue Oyster after dinner (secret bar in Thornbury) Hahahaha

We will then see how our Pathfinder finds his way back to the barracks!

Cheers, Barney

Question:
    I've read over the information about PR5 - I'm shooting 6.5 Creedmoor, Is that allowed on the range?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UnionRio View Post
    Question:
    I've read over the information about PR5 - I'm shooting 6.5 Creedmoor, Is that allowed on the range?
    Sorry to break the bad news but 308 and 223 and 338 Lap Mag and 303 Brit caliber allowed! I just leave my 260 Remmy 700 Magpul for Base Borden and Connaught Ranges. For Garrison Petawawa, I have two PR rigs in 308 for this purpose!

Cheers, Barney

Quote Originally Posted by joe.grey View Post
    @TacticalTeacher, are muzzle brakes allowed at these matches?
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver2 View Post
    Yes they are .

Mind you, if you are shooting a Ruger RPR, (like I do), you may have to contribute to the Saturday night beverages for the shooter next to you, to ease the fact that the RPR muzzle brake tries to blow their ear defenders off. H'mm, I wonder if I can start a "crowd funding" in the group for me to buy a new muzzle break..:-)
    Or, they put you and I next to each other, and we mutually punish each other.. :-)

10-4
    If i see that RPR on the line i’ll keep my distances!
    In the future, myself am using the Heathens by insite arms, and so far my neighbors do not have excessive noise to report when shooting next to me.