Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR5 29-30 Sep 2018 Debrief Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Longboat View Post
    Hey guys I know it says 200 rounds for the weekend. What would a person normally go through on a weekend like this? Just asking because I have to supply a 2nd person and do not have 400 pieces of 308 brass right now. I have about 300-350. Thanks...
    You should be fine. You will need minimum 50 rounds on Sunday if there is no reshoots needed. The rest all depends on how long it takes you to sight in. Do you know your rifle well, or are you going to spend a lot of rounds trying to get dope for your rifle? 200 is strongly recommended for new shooters with no dope. I usually don't use more than 100 for the whole weekend.

Cheers

Dave
    Even the worst day at the range is still ten times better than your best day at work

You can get by with around 60 or less if you're dialled in.
    You might be having difficulties, or just having fun, if you're shooting over 100 (for both days).

lol I am slow on the keyboard. like Dave said, having good dope will help, but even without you should be ok with 300. Also you can get ahead of the game with a ballistic calculator. With reasonable data they will get you within a few moa or better.
    Last edited by john@; 09-12-2018 at 11:01 PM.

Business Member
    The local joke occurred a couple of years back when I write down a or my prescription. I usually do two rounds per mound during the NSCC walkbacks. So with 50 rounds for Sunday and no more than 10 rounds for that Saturday, I posted my suggestion on the first thread or post.

Well didn’t a new shooter show up and proceed to blast ten rounds or so at each mound back to the 600m point. Then he got mad at me because he had to hurry to Perkins Gas station and all he could find for his SAKO TRG was Norinco Plinko copper washed Surplus ammo to shoot the match on Sunday. Funny he has not ever returned!! Must have been my fault I guess.

So after that experience, I posted for folks to bring 200 rounds. Gets me off the hook

Cheers, Barney

CGN frequent flyer
    So guys are not bringing trophies home with Norinco ammo eh lol? I think I found a good enough hand load on a new rifle. I will test that recipe again tomorrow and hopefully I get the same results. And plan on having dope up to 300 when I arrive on the 29-30. So that should keep me in buisness. But if my mommy forgets to pack my lunch that's on YOU Barney so bring pop and sandwiches so we don't have a problem!

Viper25 will be there 28-29 September. EMT sent.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper25 View Post
    Viper25 will be there 28-29 September. EMT sent.
    EMT was well done. Big thanks for your support. See you in two weeks.

Cheers, Barney

CGN frequent flyer
    I'm in. I changed scope rings so I have to redial every distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Longboat View Post
    So guys are not bringing trophies home with Norinco ammo eh lol? I think I found a good enough hand load on a new rifle. I will test that recipe again tomorrow and hopefully I get the same results. And plan on having dope up to 300 when I arrive on the 29-30. So that should keep me in buisness. But if my mommy forgets to pack my lunch that's on YOU Barney so bring pop and sandwiches so we don't have a problem!
    As a patch wearing member of Team Norinco Plinko, I can testify that the Norinco ammo isn't BAD when shooting these matches. The primary problem (for my rifle), is that the cases tend to get sticky in a tight match chamber. So when you combine that with the need for quick follow up shots in each match (like the 200m), it can get very very frustrating, very very quickly. When that happens, about the only solution is the Holy Hammer of Stoppage.

Business Member
    Holy Hammer of Stoppage to the rescue!

Okay,

I’m getting older and older.... can one of you remind me that I had committed the Barrett M98B demonstrator rig to? I was just discussing this promise with CGN AndyZ but I’m starting to doubt my short term memory! And that part of the reason all of you should be shooting these matches with a helmet....too many knocks to my noggin.

I am getting old....

Cheers, Barney