Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remington M-24 SWS

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Gocht View Post
    This is infuriating. I have one of the originals, and it was supposed to be a limited run of 5. Seems Remington is going the way of Colt and just making stuff up to sell rifles
    Same here, however considering what Remington is going through right now, who knows how long they'll be around.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Not trying to be a dick, mostly just ignorant about these. What makes these so much more than say a heavy barrel Remington 700 rifle? I initially was looking at the pics and thought, cool, iron sights and you can run a scope if you want. I was thinking $1500 tops, but I guess I am out to lunch on that.
    I like guns....

Quote Originally Posted by FLYBYU44 View Post
    Not trying to be a dick, mostly just ignorant about these. What makes these so much more than say a heavy barrel Remington 700 rifle? I initially was looking at the pics and thought, cool, iron sights and you can run a scope if you want. I was thinking $1500 tops, but I guess I am out to lunch on that.
    If you've ever had the opportunity to hold one of these in person, you'd know why they're worth the extra dough. The action is *very* nice compared to a regular R700, the stock fit is excellent, and the surface finish of the rifle is pretty much perfect. One of our customers had purchased a factory refurbished model (afaik the only way you used to be able to get the real deal) and it printed ridiculous groups.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyFruit View Post
    If you've ever had the opportunity to hold one of these in person, you'd know why they're worth the extra dough. The action is *very* nice compared to a regular R700, the stock fit is excellent, and the surface finish of the rifle is pretty much perfect. One of our customers had purchased a factory refurbished model (afaik the only way you used to be able to get the real deal) and it printed ridiculous groups.
    Thanks, I guess it is hard to tell in the pictures. I do like it with those target sights on it, very nice.
    I like guns....

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYBYU44 View Post
    Thanks, I guess it is hard to tell in the pictures. I do like it with those target sights on it, very nice.
    I did a table-top side by side comparision between the M24 and 700p, and at a quick glance they are very similar in appearance.

Stare at them for a while, and you'll begin to spot the differences. Google "M24 Canada" and the first hit should be a link for a forum that shall not be named here (becauae it will get censored out, lol!)

Shoot them and the gap gets bigger.

I'd say $5k isn't horrible for what you get. Not sure if I read it right, but I think these things were required to do .35 moa at one point according to wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M24_Sniper_Weapon_System
    Last edited by Mister Donut; 04-06-2018 at 10:35 AM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Gocht View Post
    This is infuriating. I have one of the originals, and it was supposed to be a limited run of 5. Seems Remington is going the way of Colt and just making stuff up to sell rifles
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHands13 View Post
    Same here, however considering what Remington is going through right now, who knows how long they'll be around.
    Yeah, I understood that there would only be ten in Canada and it was unlikely more would be coming in, but my buddy at Reliable ordered a bunch for a group of enthusiasts. These guys bought one each to shoot, but decided to order a second rifle to keep as a collector piece.

I guess they are all SOLD OUT.

None is showing on both websites....
    PGW fan

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by simonyzer View Post
    I guess they are all SOLD OUT.

None is showing on both websites....
    From what I was told you can order more, but not sure how long the wait will be for the next batch.

Sweet mother of God !

Would be bada$$ ...... allready basically have a custom this and that 700 target rig that kinda looks similar , plus a retro Vietnam m40 sniper clone , but yeah if had to do it again I'd put the wife down for collateral to get this , change name to Bob Lee Swagger then too .... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gravel Agency View Post
    Updated with the product numbers for the Front, rear sight and scope bases.
    Where is this now updated, 1st post doesnt describe items as such. Not much information to source from part numbers.
    Last edited by tj black; 04-25-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast