Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5868707172737475767778798081828384858688 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign the Official Petition to scrap Bill C-71 / Signez cette pétition officielle!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    Theres no reason we cant get 200 000 signatures. Thats only 1/10th of PAL holders.

Im getting really frustrated with Quebec - the signatures are tiny compared to other provinces, considering our share of gun owners.

Please make sure you are explaining the issues to your friends and families, and asking them to sign as well.
    The system is messed up enough perhaps the French signatures are counted separately lol
    Mismatch is the new black

GunNutz
    Wrote this;

Mr. John Barlow,

My name is ×××× and I live in ×××× Ab. I am one of the many law abiding and responsible gun owners that will be negatively affected by the propsed bill C-71. The long gun registry was abolished some time ago and I have no desire to see its return, this bill C-71 is a step in that direction.

I am a regular blue collar citizen that was lucky enough to be born into this beautiful country. I have a family who I love and a job which supports us. I believe in doing whats right and helping my neighbors.

Target shooting is a past time my family participates in. It promotes awareness, responsibility, safety, confidence and a plethora of positive and essential character attributes in myself, wife and 6 year old daughter.

I believe that criminal activity deserves punishment and rehabilitation, particularly the latter.

I see bill C-71 as punishment to the firearm community as a whole. I fail to understand how the proposed changes will alter anything except to take away from the freedoms from others like myself. I see no criminal type activity ceasing as a result of implementing C-71.

The reclassification of firearms such as the cz 858 and swiss arms rifles is unnecessary, the people who hold valid PAL status should not have their rights to own and use these guns altered when there is no reasonable provocation to do so.

This whole process is a gross misappropriation of tax payer funds and valuable man power which may be better suited tackling some of the more glaring issues facing our country.

If the intended purpose here is to increase public safety maybe we should focus efforts and funding on things like physical and mental health, workplace safety, vehicle safety, substance abuse or increasing man power for police and firefighters. Given the statistics pertaining to death and injury in our country, these areas are where the problems lie. Taking away rights and freedoms for our productive members of society will not fix these problems.

I am not a political person, but at some point we all have to speak up. Bill C-71 is wasteful and ineffective. Please focus on disciplining the bad guys instead of those of us who follow the law.

Sincerely

××××

Received this;

Thank you for your email regarding Bill C-71.

I strongly believe that the safety of Canadians should be the number one priority of any government. Unfortunately, this proposed legislation has no new measures to combat gang violence, gun violence or escalating crime rates in our rural communities. When the Liberals had an opportunity to put forward legislation to crack down on illegal firearms and criminals, instead they once again attacked law-abiding firearms owners.

This legislation does nothing to address gun violence, in fact, it is not even mentioned in the bill, but registrar and registration is mentioned dozens of times.

I was scheduled to speak to this legislation in the House, but because the Liberal’s refused to allow their National Security Advisor to appear at committee, the House moved to over 20 hours of voting and my speech was rescheduled. I look forward to hopefully having another opportunity to speak to this Bill on behalf of law-abiding gun owners in our constituency. In the meantime, I voted against second reading of Bill C-71, the new firearms legislation.

Please know I will continue to fight for concrete actions to keep Canadians safe and focus our efforts on the criminal element behind firearms violence, and urge for the proper legislation to do so. This legislation is nothing more than a backdoor attempt to bring back the wasteful and ineffective long-gun registry.

I appreciate you taking the time to email me on this.

John Barlow

Shadow Minister for Agriculture & Agri-Food

Member of Parliament

Signed!

Okay...I've spouted off before, but this guy says it far more succinctly than I have. Watch the video and then get your ass in gear and sign the petition if you've been waffling on this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=VsDGvs7vvFg
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

Some nefarious liberal (I suspect) registered and parked stopc71.ca so it can't be used by us. So I registered http://scrapC71.ca instead and it takes you directly to the petition. Why? Just another easy way to spread word about e-1608. Let's get it to #1!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    Some nefarious liberal (I suspect) registered and parked stopc71.ca so it can't be used by us. So I registered http://scrapC71.ca instead and it takes you directly to the petition. Why? Just another easy way to spread word about e-1608. Let's get it to #1!
    Well done!

BRILLIANT!!! Let's keep at the petition. Tell your non-gun guy buddies - C-71 should be everyone's concern because it does NOTHING to stop gun violence/gang activity.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tobaman45's Avatar
    posted this new link in the manitoba hunting forum, the other link wasn't working from that site but this one does, thinking I should post an ad in the classifieds-a FREE ad, cause most of the users there just use the classifieds

Signed
    When you talk you are only repeating something that you already knew, but when you listen you learn new things

So the Second reading has passed. It appears that only the Conservatives voted No.

http://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamenta...votes/42/1/644

Find your MP by Postal Code here.

http://www.ourcommons.ca/parliamenta...uencies/FindMP