Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Just when you thought the new gun bill was our greatest threat.......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarheart View Post
    Can you link to the text of this bill? I can only find things pertaining to it granting the government more funding.
    That was a joke. There is no such bill.

Quote Originally Posted by drift1122 View Post
    I'm definitly against banning anything, I'd help clean up ranges if it came down to it.
    That is basically what all this will come to. Gun ranges having to clean up lead, or use an environmentally sustainable alternative. I am also against a lead ban, and if the gun community wants to avoid one we need to get on board with properly managing our waste
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trimmer 905's Avatar
    First,they banned lead shot for waterfowl. Now,there's a concerted effort to ban lead sinkers and lures for fishing. Why are we surprised there's rumblings to ban all forms of lead ammo for rifles and big game hunting? It's the natural progression of the nanny staters.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trimmer 905 View Post
    First,they banned lead shot for waterfowl. Now,there's a concerted effort to ban lead sinkers and lures for fishing. Why are we surprised there's rumblings to ban all forms of lead ammo for rifles and big game hunting? It's the natural progression of the nanny staters.
    Banning things is a simple minded solution for simple minded people. But that is not to suggest that we aren't polluting our food supply, and that we should't do something about it.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Amusing. Yet the production of lead acid batteries continues to thrive. So by association, all automotive shops, wreckers, car lots, car manufacturers, retailers (looking at YOU Costco), are all implicit in the attack on children's development.
    Yet, lets ramp up the imports on highly processed foods and contaminants from China. *sigh*
    I'm a displaced redneck, stuck in a city.

It's just another pot shot at ruining our beloved shooting sports and hunting. You give them an inch and they take a mile, so don't give them an inch.
    Uh oh, Canada

I did it my way.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    Pollution from other sources like that probably far out weight the shooting sport, I'd like to see a side by side comparison of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by IAFS View Post
    Amusing. Yet the production of lead acid batteries continues to thrive. So by association, all automotive shops, wreckers, car lots, car manufacturers, retailers (looking at YOU Costco), are all implicit in the attack on children's development.
    Yet, lets ramp up the imports on highly processed foods and contaminants from China. *sigh*
    CCFR/NFA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz2377 View Post
    buy surplus steel core. problem solve.
    Steel core still uses lead between the jacket and core.

Quote Originally Posted by cody c View Post
    Let me do some math out loud:

They think approximately 2 million people hunt or use guns in a year in Canada, and 5100 tonnes is 11,243,600 pounds:

Works out to an average of 5.6218 pounds of lead (not copper lead and or brass, just lead) per person per year, I certainly don't shoot close to that.

I know there are a few who put a lot of lead downrange as active shooters, but I think it's pretty safe to call that statistic skewed, unless I've missed something with that math, if so please let me know.
    I shoot trap competitively: Just move that decimal place two spots to the right, and it might approximate how much I shoot each year. That doesn't include the heavy 500gr BPCR bullets I also cast.
    As soon as lead is banned, half or more of the different sport shooting disciplines will wither and die.
    Last edited by Tharjoe; 04-06-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    “It’s hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.” (Thomas Sowell, economist) - and this is just one problem with our firearms laws.
    Remember — your firearms have only two natural enemies; politicians and rust.
    CSSA, CCFR, NFA, SFC

Quote Originally Posted by blitz2377 View Post
    buy surplus steel core. problem solve.
    Steel core still contains lead, plus steel core is banned at most ranges. Why ban guns when you can ban the sale of ammunition?

Same as with C-71. Why confiscate guns when you can force people to register them, prohibit their use, and ensure their destruction when the owner dies? The liberals are playing the long game here, this is a big deal.
    "A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust." - James Madison

I wonder how that would affect reloaders... if you made your own ammo... they can't regulate it really... theres no laws on projectiles yet. clubs could all out ban lead tho....