Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter Update April 5th 2018

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CRBurton View Post
    What happens if Wolverine fails to get an FRT?
    They are not getting an FRT at all. They dont need one. FRT isnt law.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Good to know

CGN Regular
    Ok I understand that. What I wonder about is what we say to police that may question our rifle if the see us in the bush or something. How will they know our rifle is non-restricted without an FRT? Will they be ok with our explanations? Genuine question I am having trouble finding an answer too.

CGN Regular
    Yah sorry just reading the last few post here. You can sell guns without first getting a FRT? How does that work? Why wouldn’t everyone do that? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Fordmam View Post
    Yah sorry just reading the last few post here. You can sell guns without first getting a FRT? How does that work? Why wouldn’t everyone do that? Just curious
    From my understanding you need a FRT to import a firearm into Canada, you don't need one if it is manufactured in country but the selling company would be liable to ensure it meets NR classification. If something went wrong and the RCMP somehow put it in another class the manufacturing company would be on the hook. So the FRT isn't law as said above but it is the recognized "stamp of approval" from the RCMP themselves.

Think of it like this, you need a permit when doing electrical work on your house. Without a permit you can do the work and may never have an issue but if an electrical fire were to occur and it was found that work was done without a permit you would be on the hook and no insurance would cover your ass. If you went through the proper process of getting a permit and having the city sign off on the work that was done, if that electrical fire then started, you would now be covered.
    Last edited by HirvGotti; 04-07-2018 at 08:22 PM.
    Sisu - The will of the Finnish people to overcome against impossible odds.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HirvGotti View Post
    From my understanding you need a FRT to import a firearm into Canada, you don't need one if it is manufactured in country but the selling company would be liable to ensure it meets NR classification. If something went wrong and the RCMP somehow put it in another class the manufacturing company would be on the hook. So the FRT isn't law as said above but it is the recognized "stamp of approval" from the RCMP themselves.

Think of it like this, you need a permit when doing electrical work on your house. Without a permit you can do work and may never have an issue but if an electrical fire were to occur and it was found that work was done without a permit you would be on the hook and no insurance would cover your ass. If you went through the proper process of getting a permit and having the city sign off on the work that was done, then you are covered and if that electrical fire started you would be covered.
    That makes sense but what do you tell the police if they think you have a restricted rifle? How do you prove to them it's non-restricted? Or will they just take your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by CRBurton View Post
    That makes sense but what do you tell the police if they think you have a restricted rifle? How do you prove to them it's non-restricted? Or will they just take your gun?
    I can't answer that for you but I can say that it's a position I would never put myself in.
    Sisu - The will of the Finnish people to overcome against impossible odds.

CGN Regular
    Thanks for the information. If ATRS wants to wait for their gun to clear it sounds like the right thing. Thanks for the update.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    FRT isnt law.
    true, although the courts have yet to force the rcmp to change even one classification in the FRT after it was made.

There is a first time for everything, but I'm not going to hold my breath
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:08 PM.