Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter Update April 5th 2018

CGN frequent flyer
    Really want one of these.

Really dont want one post C-71.
    f:P

A friend of mine had an issues over the weekend, someone seen him in the bush with his BCL 102 and called the RCMP and said he had an AR. They pulled him over leaving and had a chat with him, took his word for it being NR after NOT being able to get through to CFP to check for an FRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    The firearms act defines what class a firearm falls under. Be prepared to have the rifle confiscated if the officer is unsure at roadside and later returned if no laws were broken. Make sure you get a receipt for any property that is seized, take pictures of condition if possible and follow up immediately via a lawyer to get your property returned as quickly as possible.

If you hunt with a black rifle, this will happen to you sooner or later
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Let them take it, get a receipt, then follow up with a phone call to your lawyer immediately to get your property back
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Also this statement is concerning;

"Be aware that other regulators may require an FRT Record for their purposes."

My interpretation of it is that "other regulators" may mean Law Enforcement Agencies and or CO's who rely on checking the FRT database to determine the legalities of an item they aren't sure about.
    You are correct. Good example is CBSA. If FRT says prohibited, good luck getting it into Canada even if you appeal it, yet if you go to court on the same issue fighting "prohibited" label, you may likely win. Multiple layers of agencies create huge effect when one mistake by one agency may cause domino effect.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Here is a good question, if you get frt tomorrow, can I order tomorrow or I would have to wait 6 month for production to start and enjoy various delays?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guess_kto View Post
    Here is a good question, if you get frt tomorrow, can I order tomorrow or I would have to wait 6 month for production to start and enjoy various delays?

You can get onto the "email notification list" so the minute we have the classification we will let you know, but until we have the classification feel it would not be wise to start machining parts on spec. IF there was a certainty of success it would be 1 thing but given that there is no rhyme nor reason in the classification criteria, every new design is a gamble.
    We have aluminum plate here, cut and ready to be fed into the mills. As soon as we get approval we can start to machine it literally the same day. Given the number of guys who have already expressed that they are in for 1 we figure it will take about 4 months to machine and anodize the nearly 300 units that interest is expressed for. Needless to say the number of units will shrink as not all who have been put onto the notify list will follow through.

Seeing as these are being sold as stripped upper/lower combos we are not having to worry about the time frames for delivery from outside suppliers.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

How about: can we purchase the moment frt is granted, but shipped whenever the blank is completed?

CGN Regular
    Hey ATRS, have you guys ever considered doing a premium upper/handgaurd combo? Its purely aesthetics but alot of guys AR side are making handgaurd/uppers that seem to be seamless and all the lines line up perfectly. Ideal for me would be something like LWRC I think that's a great look.

How different is the upper and lower compared to the modern varmint? The shape looks similar

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Battleworn View Post
    How different is the upper and lower compared to the modern varmint? The shape looks similar
    From the 1 I saw and took down, the shape is identical, the manner in which the upper and lower are retained is totally different in the rear.

CGN frequent flyer
    Can we get them raw without anodizing? Can you just paint them all with cerakote instead of anodizing? What would the price increase be, if any? I don’t know what the cost difference is between cerakote and anodizing is.