Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter Update April 5th 2018

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Not impossible to find what you are looking for. CMMG makes a dedicated 22lr upper with a 22lr chamber and the correct 1in16 twist. It's called a Mk4 A4 style upper with a government profile barrel, clamshell handguard and FSB.

I'm looking into getting one so I have a 22lr upper that closely matches my A2 build.

Also if you go with a standard 5.56 barrel and a 22lr conversion kit you will get piss poor accuracy as the common 5.56 twists aren't ideal for 22lr.
    Just had a look a that’s pretty much perfect. Hopefully we get some good news soon and a guy can start collecting parts while the manufacturing process begins

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    You can buy the plain CMMG barrels as well, along with the collar to convert the conversion kit over to dedicated .22lr barrel

Which is what I did after having absolutely abysmal performance from a conversion kit. Leading in front the chamber was horrid and after a few hundred rounds it was worse than a cylinder bore riot gun
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Hi ATRS, any new developments? Also in theory if these do get NR what is the realistic turnaround time before you’ll be shipping to customers?
    "Victory favours the prepared"

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robab View Post
    Hi ATRS, any new developments? Also in theory if these do get NR what is the realistic turnaround time before you’ll be shipping to customers?
    Nothing new to report. We are still awaiting a legal classification.
    We have material enroute, so the day we get a positive classification we can start to do the machining. Realistically from start to finish a production run of 150 uppers and lowers takes about 4 months to complete. Being stripped uppers and lowers means we are not at the mercy of outside suppliers for any parts.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Nothing new to report. We are still awaiting a legal classification.
    We have material enroute, so the day we get a positive classification we can start to do the machining. Realistically from start to finish a production run of 150 uppers and lowers takes about 4 months to complete. Being stripped uppers and lowers means we are not at the mercy of outside suppliers for any parts.
    How many of the 150 are spoken for?

I got on the email list early, but not sure if I’m in the first 150.
    Is there anyway to find out?
    Can I prepay a couple hundred,and if it don’t work out, I’ll just take a store credit.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    How many of the 150 are spoken for?

I got on the email list early, but not sure if I’m in the first 150.
    Is there anyway to find out?
    Can I prepay a couple hundred,and if it don’t work out, I’ll just take a store credit.
    We have a few hundred guys who have sent in emails wanting notification but of the total number there will always be a good number who don't commit when the time does come.
    We have sold a few "gift certificates" to those who REALLY want to make sure they get 1st crack at these assuming they get the correct classification as well as to beat the Bill C71 crap.

From experience we have learned to keep production runs of uppers and lowers to no more than 150 at a time, for several reasons.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    We have a few hundred guys who have sent in emails wanting notification but of the total number there will always be a good number who don't commit when the time does come.
    We have sold a few "gift certificates" to those who REALLY want to make sure they get 1st crack at these assuming they get the correct classification as well as to beat the Bill C71 crap.

From experience we have learned to keep production runs of uppers and lowers to no more than 150 at a time, for several reasons.
    I’m in your email list. How do I go about a “gift certificate “ to guarantee one of the first run ?
    "Victory favours the prepared"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robab View Post
    I’m in your email list. How do I go about a “gift certificate “ to guarantee one of the first run ?
    You have to call the shop.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    You have to call the shop.
    That is what I did.