Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter Update April 5th 2018

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    Speaking of forward assists - don't care whether it has one or not. The first produced will be the first on my list.
    I read somewhere that if the round doesn't want to go into the chamber if you pull the charging handle back and let it go home, it shouldn't be forced in with a forward assist anyway.
    Correct, but that's not what we use it for.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    If one day this finally has a NR ruling, would I be able to build a super short(~7” barrel) dedicated 22LR version and call it NR? Making sure the OAL is 26”+
    You’ll need around an 11” barrel, but yes. Has to be a manufactured 22LR barrel as well, not 223 converted. I’ll be making one.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    You’ll need around an 11” barrel, but yes. Has to be a manufactured 22LR barrel as well, not 223 converted. I’ll be making one.
    I’m thinking logistically, how would one prove that it’s a 22LR only? Cuz when you pull out the conversion kit, which is just the BCG, it can probably fire a 223 round just fine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I’m thinking logistically, how would one prove that it’s a 22LR only? Cuz when you pull out the conversion kit, which is just the BCG, it can probably fire a 223 round just fine.
    It cant be a kit that is just the BCG. It has to be a dedicated .22lr barrel as well as BCG.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    It cant be a kit that is just the BCG. It has to be a dedicated .22lr barrel as well as BCG.
    Exactly, my barrel is stamped 22LR from the factory and has a matching bolt.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Where have you bought this kit? I need one!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Regular
    I did not know such thing existed. Thanks for the info.

I did not know such thing existed. Thanks for the info.
    CMMG has one and someone else.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    CMMG has one and someone else.
    CMMG does have them but I don’t know about the barrels in those kits. The kit has a collar adapter for the bolt so is it adapting a regular M4 collar? The bolt looks to be the same as the conversion kit bolts. Not saying it isn’t legal, but I’d do some research into it before the RCMP were to ask when in the field.

My kit is from a Spikes ST-22 upper, out of production I think but gunbroker still has the 16” versions (not cheap). Haven’t seen another 11” version like mine anywhere. The barrel has the 22LR collar built in (no barrel extension) so you can’t run 223 in it.

CMMG does have them but I don’t know about the barrels in those kits. The kit has a collar adapter for the bolt so is it adapting a regular M4 collar? The bolt looks to be the same as the conversion kit bolts. Not saying it isn’t legal, but I’d do some research into it before the RCMP were to ask when in the field.

My kit is from a Spikes ST-22 upper, out of production I think but gunbroker still has the 16” versions (not cheap). Haven’t seen another 11” version like mine anywhere. The barrel has the 22LR collar built in (no barrel extension) so you can’t run 223 in it.

The CMMG looks like it should fit.

Installs on a mil-spec upper receiver using a standard or free-float barrel nut.
    CGN Weekly Schedule