Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter Update April 5th 2018

CGN Regular
    This looks like the non-AR-AR to buy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    What would be worst case scenario,for ATRS, if these are released early? Transfer/registration?

Worst case for me is they go restricted,and I’m willing to live with that.

fingers crossed fellas, hope the RCMP doesn't #### the bed and make this R or P. If they don't screw up, this would be the go-to NR-wannabee-AR.

Honestly, all respect to the SLR and the WK-180C (the latter of which is awesome just for how cheap it is, might buy one eventually anyways to be My Little Armalite...), the ATRS Modern Sporter is the best-looking NR receiver set, and I like that it's 100% compatible with AR parts (not like 95% or 99%).

My ONLY wish is that we could maybe get an option for a forward assist for an extra little bit of cash, just because my A4 clone wouldn't look complete without it

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    What would be worst case scenario,for ATRS, if these are released early?

Worst case for me is they go restricted,and I’m willing to live with that.
    I spent an hour on the phone today with Ed Burlew on this very topic.
    His opinion is that to the individual, the ramifications should not be much more than having to have the rifle registered, so not a big deal.
    The exposure we have is potential retributive persecution. The feds seem to think nothing of laying a bunch of charges, suspending a FBL while the courts sort things out. Defending ourselves against litigation would be expensive, having our FBL revoked or suspended would kill the company. Although the FRT is not law and despite the fact that this is a direct descendant of the MV, so by rights should be NR, do we take the all or nothing gamble that could end ATRS permanently?
    Welcome to the Police State of canada
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:06 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    The Maccabee mag well is not my favourite as well as the take down screw idea but the mag well being angled that much doesn’t look that bad at all really. This receiver set Just looks a lot better :-) plus the take down method appears to be mo my style lol these gonna sell like Twinkie’s and timmies

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    His opinion is that to the individual, the ramifications should not be much more than having to have the rifle registered, so not a big deal.
    The exposure we have is potential retributive persecution. The feds seem to think nothing of laying a bunch of charges, suspending a FBL while the courts sort things out. Defending ourselves against litigation would be expensive, having our FBL revoked or suspended would kill the company. Although the FRT is not law and despite the fact that this is a direct descendant of the MV, so by rights should be NR, do we take the all or nothing gamble that could end ATRS permanently?
    No sense putting your business at risk, the MV is NR, the Macdef is NR, no reason these won't be. Once you get NR the best thing to do is crank these out by the truckload. They'll be known as the right arm of free Canadians.
    "Victory favours the prepared"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Understandable,where your coming from.
    If you submitted for an FRT in Nov, wouldn’t your 120 business day ,wait period be up shortly?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRussian View Post
    This looks like the non-AR-AR to buy.
    I agree. It will be top quality.
    |CCFR|

CGN Regular
    what is the turnaround time on getting a firearms business licence?
    maybe sell under another sacrificial co?