Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324252628 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter Update April 5th 2018

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdyno View Post
    I'm just disappointed that it won't be supplied with a "DMR match grade safety selector switch."

I guess I will just have to put one on myself. Anyone know where I can get one?

Edit: Never mind, Mike from Canmore hooked me up.
    You can put whatever safety in our STRIPPED lower, that you wish to. ANYTHING AR 15 will fit this lower and upper.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    The macdef set looks good too but waaaaaay prefer the take down design of this atrs set. No questions asked

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdyno View Post
    I'm just disappointed that it won't be supplied with a "DMR match grade safety selector switch."

I guess I will just have to put one on myself. Anyone know where I can get one?

Edit: Never mind, Mike from Canmore hooked me up.
    I'm sure for an extra 500 USD, ATRS will "provide" you with one. When I get my Modern Sporter, I'm getting one. I'm also going to chamber is in 8mm kurz , because that's a better round than 7.62x39. Cheaper too.

Damn this receiver looks like its the tits! Closest NR copy to mill-spec AR receiver thus far. All we need is a forward assist and it would be perfect, but I guess that would require a fair bit of extra material

Are we expecting the RCMP to delay another 120 days on classifying this beauty?

CGN Regular
    Thanks to Rick for allowing me the pleasure of field testing a Modern Sporter this weekend!!
    Functioned flawlessly and is extremely well machined. The ingenuity of this upper and lower is simple and brilliant. They claimed all AR parts will fit and it is true. The unit I got to use has a mil trigger which I would replace with something better and very basic furniture, but as they are selling these as stripped uppers and lowers, the end user can put in whatever they choose.
    Great work guys!!
    And thanks again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    I’m sure it’s nice. Looks like the nicest option out there

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    Thanks to Rick for allowing me the pleasure of field testing a Modern Sporter this weekend!!
    Functioned flawlessly and is extremely well machined. The ingenuity of this upper and lower is simple and brilliant. They claimed all AR parts will fit and it is true. The unit I got to use has a mil trigger which I would replace with something better and very basic furniture, but as they are selling these as stripped uppers and lowers, the end user can put in whatever they choose.
    Great work guys!!
    And thanks again.

Any pics of the tester ?
    "Victory favours the prepared"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    Great work guys!!
    And thanks again.
    You are welcome and I am glad that you had fun with it.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Any more thought go into making some uppers with forward assist? I know it's not needed AND it will cost more BUT I'm willing . I'm sure there are others out there that would also buy it
    IF enough demand is there we may make a run with the forward assist, but the pricing will be increased as to make uppers with the forward assist requires not only larger bar stock but 2 more stages in machine work. Both have costs.
    Once we are getting closer to the end of the machining on the lowers we will be reaching out to everyone to see what the numbers dictate.