Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: DLASK ARMS CORP. *TUF-22* (Pre-Order Info)

Nothing
    "Don't confuse effort with results."

CGN frequent flyer
    I heard back 5 min after I emailed. Number 25 is mine!
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    I heard back 5 min after I emailed. Number 25 is mine!
    When was that, shortly after the pre-order post was up on Friday?

I emailed my request in late afternoon on Friday and not a single peep...I'm starting to think that I was too late.

Hey Dlask, can you shed some light here please? Thanks.

joel
    gearin' up for fall...

CGN Regular
    Bwahahahahhaa!!!! All are mine!!!!!!

photo hosting
    Last edited by zxcvbn; 04-11-2018 at 11:45 PM.

no peep for me too....and i wasn't that picky about #, that said I also want the TX, which may not be in the cards right now

CGN Regular
    I have heard nothing yet either. I sit patiently with fingers crossed that I do get the number I requested.

Email sent

Everyone please relax. I took a few days off to go shooting in Kamloops and just got back yesterday.

These numbers and the confirmation emails are so far down the list of what I needed to get done yesterday that they didn't happen. It's not that it is trivial to me but getting orders out the door and dealing with customers both in person and on the phone took precedence. Today I will have more time for emails and to process requests so I should be able to get to it. All requests will be dealt with in order from last Friday to today.

Please bear in mind we are doing this as a side thing so you guys can have something semi-custom and it will mean more to you after the long wait. But in return....please don't make this a massive time consuming thing with a squizillion questions, emails and phone calls, otherwise it will be called off in favour of actually MAKING the rifles. ( ;

As for the guns themselves here are a few specs other than costs which have already been covered both here and in the other thread :

-Yes, ALL 10/22 variant components will fit and work on the TUF-22. This means you can transfer your current rifles parts over with just the normal fitting required. Barrels, triggers, stocks etc. will all directly fit.

-We will only be making the first 100 receivers for the Launch Edition in the Picatinny topped version. I am unsure if we will send any out for Cerakote but am leaning against it because of the chance we miss one or mess something up and someone that has waited a very long time ends up getting something they didn't ask for. IF we do Cerakote any it will be in our silver like 'Sterling' colour only. This is for matching as close to a bead blasted stainless steel barrel as possible. Again, it's only a 'maybe' at this point.

-No, we will not be making the receiver in the SR-22 low top version for now.

-Yes, we will be making some of the TX version to go with our new aluminum precision chassis. These will be aimed at the PRS crowd of which we are going to be a sponsor this year in I think Merritt, BC (?) Maybe someone in that community could chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. Too many laps around the fishbowl lately my little brain is kind of scrambled.

-Yes, we will be releasing the blueprint drawing of the dimensions of the slot required in the receiver to accept the new magazines. You will be able to print this off and have a local gunsmith do the machining. We obviously do not guarantee their work so you will want to have a TUF-22 magazine to give them before machining so they can double check the work and ensure it fits correctly.

-Now, the timeline for release. At this point we are still dealing with some legal pre-manufacturing stuff between us and the magazine manufacturer. This should be sorted soon and once it is we will pay him the 50% down to begin production and away we go. From now it is looking like the eta for finished mags is about 3 months. This, as all things regarding a border to cross, is subject to change. We have ZERO control over export issues and can only sit and wait like everyone else as the hamsters in the bureaucratic wheel slowly plod along and get #### done.

-No, we will not be selling extra magazines. If you order a complete rifle from us we will supply you with 1 magazine at the time of purchase only. If you want extra magazines then you will need to find a local or online gun store to purchase them from. If you need to find one then you can call us and we will send you a list of the current stocking dealers to choose from. We have to do this as the distributor to avoid any conflicts of interest with our supporting stocking dealers. Any inquiries for us to bypass this rule will be ignored, period.

Hope this helps answer some nagging questions and thank you for coming along with us on this pretty awesome ride back to Common Sense Land !
    Last edited by Dlask Arms; 04-12-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    For myself, personally, I don't necessarily care if the mags aren't available when the rifles are.

Mags are a bonus, summer is short, I can deal with 10 rounders if it means not pushing the timeline.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Everyone please relax. I took a few days off to go shooting in Kamloops and just got back yesterday.

These numbers and the confirmation emails are so far down the list of what I needed to get done yesterday that they didn't happen. It's not that it is trivial to me but getting orders out the door and dealing with customers both in person and on the phone took precedence. Today I will have more time for emails and to process requests so I should be able to get to it. All requests will be dealt with in order from last Friday to today.

Please bear in mind we are doing this as a side thing so you guys can have something semi-custom and it will mean more to you after the long wait. But in return....please don't make this a massive time consuming thing with a squizillion questions, emails and phone calls, otherwise it will be called off in favour of actually MAKING the rifles. ( ;

As for the guns themselves here are a few specs other than costs which have already been covered both here and in the other thread :

-Yes, ALL 10/22 variant components will fit and work on the TUF-22. This means you can transfer your current rifles parts over with just the normal fitting required. Barrels, triggers, stocks etc. will all directly fit.

-We will only be making the first 100 receivers for the Launch Edition in the Picatinny topped version. I am unsure if we will send any out for Cerakote but am leaning against it because of the chance we miss one or mess something up and someone that has waited a very long time ends up getting something they didn't ask for. IF we do Cerakote any it will be in our silver like 'Sterling' colour only. This is for matching as close to a bead blasted stainless steel barrel as possible. Again, it's only a 'maybe' at this point.

-No, we will not be making the receiver in the SR-22 low top version for now.

-Yes, we will be making some of the TX version to go with our new aluminum precision chassis. These will be aimed at the PRS crowd of which we are going to be a sponsor this year in I think Merritt, BC (?) Maybe someone in that community could chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. Too many laps around the fishbowl lately my little brain is kind of scrambled.

-Yes, we will be releasing the blueprint drawing of the dimensions of the slot required in the receiver to accept the new magazines. You will be able to print this off and have a local gunsmith do the machining. We obviously do not guarantee their work so you will want to have a TUF-22 magazine to give them before machining so they can double check the work and ensure it fits correctly.

-Now, the timeline for release. At this point we are still dealing with some legal pre-manufacturing stuff between us and the magazine manufacturer. This should be sorted soon and once it is we will pay him the 50% down to begin production and away we go. From now it is looking like the eta for finished mags is about 3 months. This, as all things regarding a border to cross, is subject to change. We have ZERO control over export issues and can only sit and wait like everyone else as the hamsters in the bureaucratic wheel slowly plod along and get #### done.

-No, we will not be selling extra magazines. If you order a complete rifle from us we will supply you with 1 magazine at the time of purchase only. If you want extra magazines then you will need to find a local or online gun store to purchase them from. If you need to find one then you can call us and we will send you a list of the current stocking dealers to choose from. We have to do this as the distributor to avoid any conflicts of interest with our supporting stocking dealers. Any inquiries for us to bypass this rule will be ignored, period.

Hope this helps answer some nagging questions and thank you for coming along with us on this pretty awesome ride back to Common Sense Land !
    Thanks for the update Leigh, hope shooting was fun!

'rifle
    gearin' up for fall...