Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: DLASK ARMS CORP. *TUF-22* (Pre-Order Info)

Quote Originally Posted by budmancan View Post
    I have one of the numbers on order. what is that set up worth? Very interested in the complete package now.
    Roughly $1500 not including the butt stock / buffer tube / pistol grip. (That particular rifle has a Kidd trigger, Nitride fluted barrel and XB-5 as add-ons.) We won't spec these in the build because most people I imagine will choose to buy the chassis without and just add their own to customize it for themselves.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
    Looking good! Will this stock be available for the threaded receiver model?
    Yes. We have designed it with the inletting already done to accept the barrel nut of the TX version. You can use a standard 10/22 with just the front hold down or our TUF-22 / TUF-22TX with the included rear hold down tang to get the set up ROCK solid. One chassis, your choice of mounting options.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by geologist View Post
    I'm on the list for #3 on a complete rifle.

Leigh!

Unfortunately we will not be accepting anyone's money until the parts are ready to ship. It is our company's policy to operate this way.

If you have a confirmation email from me saying your particular number is being held for you then don't fret, we will contact you once the goods are done and go over any further things you want to add as a complete build. We want these rifles to be a success and that means not rushing stuff out the door before it's ready and then having to deal with a host of issues.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

Will you have a receiver that will fit the SR22 rifle? "sorry haven't been following the thread"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Unfortunately we will not be accepting anyone's money until the parts are ready to ship. It is our company's policy to operate this way.

If you have a confirmation email from me saying your particular number is being held for you then don't fret, we will contact you once the goods are done and go over any further things you want to add as a complete build. We want these rifles to be a success and that means not rushing stuff out the door before it's ready and then having to deal with a host of issues.
    I'm kidding Leigh, when they're ready I'll take mine, thanks.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

Everyone please relax. I took a few days off to go shooting in Kamloops and just got back yesterday.

These numbers and the confirmation emails are so far down the list of what I needed to get done yesterday that they didn't happen. It's not that it is trivial to me but getting orders out the door and dealing with customers both in person and on the phone took precedence. Today I will have more time for emails and to process requests so I should be able to get to it. All requests will be dealt with in order from last Friday to today.

Please bear in mind we are doing this as a side thing so you guys can have something semi-custom and it will mean more to you after the long wait. But in return....please don't make this a massive time consuming thing with a squizillion questions, emails and phone calls, otherwise it will be called off in favour of actually MAKING the rifles. ( ;

As for the guns themselves here are a few specs other than costs which have already been covered both here and in the other thread :

-Yes, ALL 10/22 variant components will fit and work on the TUF-22. This means you can transfer your current rifles parts over with just the normal fitting required. Barrels, triggers, stocks etc. will all directly fit.

-We will only be making the first 100 receivers for the Launch Edition in the Picatinny topped version. I am unsure if we will send any out for Cerakote but am leaning against it because of the chance we miss one or mess something up and someone that has waited a very long time ends up getting something they didn't ask for. IF we do Cerakote any it will be in our silver like 'Sterling' colour only. This is for matching as close to a bead blasted stainless steel barrel as possible. Again, it's only a 'maybe' at this point.

-No, we will not be making the receiver in the SR-22 low top version for now.

-Yes, we will be making some of the TX version to go with our new aluminum precision chassis. These will be aimed at the PRS crowd of which we are going to be a sponsor this year in I think Merritt, BC (?) Maybe someone in that community could chime in and correct me if I'm wrong. Too many laps around the fishbowl lately my little brain is kind of scrambled.

-Yes, we will be releasing the blueprint drawing of the dimensions of the slot required in the receiver to accept the new magazines. You will be able to print this off and have a local gunsmith do the machining. We obviously do not guarantee their work so you will want to have a TUF-22 magazine to give them before machining so they can double check the work and ensure it fits correctly.

-Now, the timeline for release. At this point we are still dealing with some legal pre-manufacturing stuff between us and the magazine manufacturer. This should be sorted soon and once it is we will pay him the 50% down to begin production and away we go. From now it is looking like the eta for finished mags is about 3 months. This, as all things regarding a border to cross, is subject to change. We have ZERO control over export issues and can only sit and wait like everyone else as the hamsters in the bureaucratic wheel slowly plod along and get #### done.

-No, we will not be selling extra magazines. If you order a complete rifle from us we will supply you with 1 magazine at the time of purchase only. If you want extra magazines then you will need to find a local or online gun store to purchase them from. If you need to find one then you can call us and we will send you a list of the current stocking dealers to choose from. We have to do this as the distributor to avoid any conflicts of interest with our supporting stocking dealers. Any inquiries for us to bypass this rule will be ignored, period.

Hope this helps answer some nagging questions and thank you for coming along with us on this pretty awesome ride back to Common Sense Land !
    Looks like I found my answer on SR22 receivers and looks like you will be able to modify 10/22 receivers to accept your new mags, hope this is correct and you are referring to 10/22 receivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyspeed View Post
    Looks like I found my answer on SR22 receivers and looks like you will be able to modify 10/22 receivers to accept your new mags, hope this is correct and you are referring to 10/22 receivers?
    Yes that's correct. You will be able to modify an existing 10/22 receiver to accept these magazines. We will be offering the dimensions on our website for any licensed gunsmith or journeyman machinist to do the job. We will NOT be releasing this information prior to having the magazines ready for sale however as the actual machining is best done when you have a mag in hand to test fit as you go. Obviously we bear NO responsibility for the work of others as to the fitment of the magazines. We will offer the service here at Dlask Arms and are hoping to keep the price in the $50-$70 range. This work we will guarantee.

For anyone here in Western B.C. a heads up, we will be at the Canadian Rimfire Precision Series in Merritt, B.C. in August. If you have any requests for product and are attending the match feel free to email me and I will do my best to bring it up and say 'Hello' in person ! ( :
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

Yes. It is almost the same shape as our DAR-22 with some different side markings. Still precision made using a solid block of 7075-T6 aluminum. {These have white crayon in them now (see above pic) thanks to the Lab}
    And the same limited edition run receivers come with an integrated zero MOA rail? Thanks.
    "Don't confuse effort with results."

That's too bad that there won't be a low top receiver. I need either a DAR or a TUF for my SR-22.

So we took the demo gun to our good friend Travis at Silvercore Advanced Training Systems here in Delta ( because he has a way better camera than we do, hey ,we're simple machinists what can I say...) Here are a few I really like :

Name:  Silvercore Dlask Tuff 22 (1 of 1)-16aaa.jpg
Views: 1257
Size:  73.7 KB

The delivery of the chassis was delayed by a few days but they should be up on the website by next Tuesday. From the inquiries we have had they won't last long. Initial colours and quantities of each are :

30x - Black
    10x - Magpul FDE
    10x - Magpul Stealth Grey (Demo unit colour)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com