Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: DLASK ARMS CORP. *TUF-22* (Pre-Order Info)

Quote Originally Posted by enefgee View Post
    Really interested in a TX/Chassis build
    That's very high on my list too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Yes that's correct. You will be able to modify an existing 10/22 receiver to accept these magazines. We will be offering the dimensions on our website for any licensed gunsmith or journeyman machinist to do the job. We will NOT be releasing this information prior to having the magazines ready for sale however as the actual machining is best done when you have a mag in hand to test fit as you go. Obviously we bear NO responsibility for the work of others as to the fitment of the magazines. We will offer the service here at Dlask Arms and are hoping to keep the price in the $50-$70 range. This work we will guarantee.

For anyone here in Western B.C. a heads up, we will be at the Canadian Rimfire Precision Series in Merritt, B.C. in August. If you have any requests for product and are attending the match feel free to email me and I will do my best to bring it up and say 'Hello' in person ! ( :

Darn, I with I would have seen this post prior to having my Dar-22/Barrel combo shipped....... it is cerakoted OD green, will the machining take away a lot of the DAR? I'd like to keep the cerakote on the outside, but inside I would be ok with aluminum showing.
    ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿

Please delete.
    Last edited by Netsquash; 10-02-2023 at 10:32 PM.

Can we please have a status update?

When will the magazines be complete?

When will we be able to receive a working unit?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Still waiting for the magazine manufacturer to produce them. Modifying an injection tooling is not an afternoon affair, nor is it cheap. Just be patient please, we have paid the money and bother him as much as we dare for updates. When there is something concrete to report we will do it here first.

For those of you emailing and asking please stop, we will not be letting individuals know anything about the progress before we announce it to the public at large.
    heard!!!!
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

So will regular Ruger mags fit into this receiver? This is the first I've heard about this! Awesome!
    Thanks,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    So will regular Ruger mags fit into this receiver? This is the first I've heard about this! Awesome!
    From the pictures I have seen; Yes, regular magazines will fit into this receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    From the pictures I have seen; Yes, regular magazines will fit into this receiver.
    The TUF-22 was designed to accept all factory Ruger 10/22 components and *most* aftermarket components. The factory 10 round box mags fit and function perfectly. The bolt, v-block, charging handles, stocks, barrels, triggers etc. all fit and function exactly as they would in a Ruger 10/22 or other 10/22 variant rifle. The only single difference between a Ruger 10/22 or variant rifle and the new TUF-22 is that the Tuf has a special slot milled into the receiver that allows it to use our 25-round magazines. That's it, that's all.

Now, for an update :

We have received the first 2 test production magazines from the supplier and are just checking and double checking and then triple checking that they are good dimensionally and will work the way they should in the TUF-22. Once we have noted any issues or problems we will give the OK and have them produced en masse for the public.

Thank you for your patience, I understand the wait for these may seem long but when designing and manufacturing something like this it just takes time to get things 'right' and not release a product into the market that is just not ready.

I will let you know once we have given the go ahead to produce them as that will set a more definite timeline on when they will be here in Canada and ready for sale.

Leigh
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    The TUF-22 was designed to accept all factory Ruger 10/22 components and *most* aftermarket components. The factory 10 round box mags fit and function perfectly. The bolt, v-block, charging handles, stocks, barrels, triggers etc. all fit and function exactly as they would in a Ruger 10/22 or other 10/22 variant rifle. The only single difference between a Ruger 10/22 or variant rifle and the new TUF-22 is that the Tuf has a special slot milled into the receiver that allows it to use our 25-round magazines. That's it, that's all.

Now, for an update :

We have received the first 2 test production magazines from the supplier and are just checking and double checking and then triple checking that they are good dimensionally and will work the way they should in the TUF-22. Once we have noted any issues or problems we will give the OK and have them produced en masse for the public. Thank you for your patience, I understand the wait for these may seem long but when designing and manufacturing something like this it just takes time to get things 'right' and not release a product into the market that is just not ready.

I will let you know once we have given the go ahead to produce them as that will set a more definite timeline on when they will be here in Canada and ready for sale.

Leigh

So it's been almost a month .
    Is there function issues that are preventing the go ahead ?
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    So it's been almost a month .
    Is there function issues that are preventing the go ahead ?
    We had to make a few changes and the manufacturer is dealing with those now. Once the next prototype is in the shop it *should* be correct and ready for production. Then, off to the races !
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”