Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415

Thread: DLASK ARMS CORP. *TUF-22* (Pre-Order Info)

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Please do not be hasty. Developing a complex new product is not something done in 'a month or two'. Magazines especially are tricky because if the angles or fitment are not right then it won't work, period. We are working with a company based in Alaska that has a tool and die maker in Ohio modifying the mold and then all parts are assembled in Las Vegas before shipping to Washington State for clearance to us in B.C.

The projected timeline to have the mags finished and ready for sale was Sept / Oct. so for now we are realistically a few months past and still have a month or two to go from the information we have at this time. The mags that came in were slightly 'off' in dimensions and how they fit into the receiver so we made a change which then needs to be changed on the mold in Ohio. This all takes time but we feel it is worth it in the long run to have a product that fits properly and works like it should.

If you don't like the wait feel free to call me at the shop and cancel your order. Otherwise hang tight and we will do our best to get the product finished and out for sale as soon as we can with the efforts we can control.
    Thank you for the update. Will we have the option of ordering a TUF-22 in a hogue overmold stock? Not a huge fan of the new chassis system (although Im sure it works well).

Will you guys be keeping an inventory of TUF-22 on hand or are they preorder only for the foreseeable future?

This may have been answered elsewhere in the thread, but will the TUF-22 be Cerakoted. If not, is there an option to get it cerakoted for a fee?

Thanks.
    Last edited by CaptainHook; 12-13-2018 at 08:24 PM.
    Rimfire and Military Surplus Enthusiast.

Why not release the action without the mag? Not everyone may want the mag.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by S-357 View Post
    If a 10/22 is machined to fit this new mag will it not be interpreted as. *bad* seeing as it could be done to the charger aswell? Just a question
    I know I'm almost a month late, but in a word, no. One could build a pistol from the ground up using those mags and it still wouldn't matter, because the magazine themselves are built for a rifle, are therefore rifle magazines. That's the whole reason the actual 10-22 10+rounds mags (whether they are genuine ruger or butler creek) are actually legal, and the rcmp's opinion on them is pretty much cow manure. Kind of like making a semi-auto rifle that accepts pistol magazines or bolt-action magazines has no effect on said magazines. The problem comes if you make (the legal term is "design or build") the magazines after the pistol exists.

The whole point might become totally moot if the NFA wins its challenge to the rcmp's opinion. If that ever goes to court, that is (haven't been following closely, don't care particularly about the 10-22).

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Please do not be hasty. Developing a complex new product is not something done in 'a month or two'. Magazines especially are tricky because if the angles or fitment are not right then it won't work, period. We are working with a company based in Alaska that has a tool and die maker in Ohio modifying the mold and then all parts are assembled in Las Vegas before shipping to Washington State for clearance to us in B.C.

The projected timeline to have the mags finished and ready for sale was Sept / Oct. so for now we are realistically a few months past and still have a month or two to go from the information we have at this time. The mags that came in were slightly 'off' in dimensions and how they fit into the receiver so we made a change which then needs to be changed on the mold in Ohio. This all takes time but we feel it is worth it in the long run to have a product that fits properly and works like it should.

If you don't like the wait feel free to call me at the shop and cancel your order. Otherwise hang tight and we will do our best to get the product finished and out for sale as soon as we can with the efforts we can control.
    I'm with you on this Leigh,

Get it done properly the first time. People would be a lot more upset if their 25rd setup malfunction every 5-10 rounds.

I’m just fine with waiting for a great quality product as I intend to build the ultimate in accuracy 22. I want to give it to my son so he can learn the fundamentals of long distance shooting.