Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Shooters edge Calgary, displays poor ethics

CGN Regular
    are they still open? do you guys still go there? why???

At my local club(Outdoor range) I have a 5 bench 300m rifle bay, a skeet and trap pit with 2 throwing machines, a 100m rimfire and pistol lane with silhouettes, a full on IPSC bay, another 50m pistol bay with 6 lanes!!! .... And an Archery setup! Guess what... It's $80 a year for all that! Time to leave the city boys, butthole nowhere is where you wanna be if you really love shooting.

The only reason CSE even has an Associate Membership is to facilitate ATT's and Restricted purchases; it's not about range access at all. Too bad about the short notice. But you're basically paying $100 a year for an ATT, even if you don't have one. That's their reason. Otherwise buy the full deal... For *cough*... $600 a year.

Oh here we go again.....around and around and around we go....where the bashing threads stop, nobody knows!
    I am a kit hor(der)

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Wow… Just got home and was welcomed to this thread.

Cyber bullying at its best… It really is telling in some of the maturity here, that if anyone dares speak against the mob and either defends me, the company or simply brings up a counter point that they get quickly attacked and insulted and NO, I do not have a second CGN account.

But I digress.

The OP is correct in that effective this week, we have limited the rifle bay access to our FULL members with their guests and for our familiarization clients.

Notice was sent out in our newletters in advance. However, I do agree that more notice would have been better. Regardless;

This was done for very specific reasons and I 100% stand by the decision:

There are 3 commercial ranges in this city:

We all have very similar HVAC (yes, I hired the same guys that did the CSC to redo mine late last year)

We have very similar lighting.

We are all similarly “clean”. (eye roll)

We have similar professional user / local hero programs.

We have very similar new member pricing, but unlike the others, I have a family add-on package and a lower renewal rate. But in essence, itʻs similar to the others.

However, TSE has a true 50 yd indoor bay with 4 lanes. This bay is the bay in question and it is our main advantage over the other facilities.

The pistol bays are still available to the OP, 7 days a week.

Background:

Back on January 4th we sent out a very detailed membership survey to get feedback from our membership. Without going into the weeds; a common negative thread in the 100ʻs of responses we got back was the long wait for the rifle lanes. This was a huge dissatisfier for our full members.

Full members support TSE day in, day out.

TSE would not exist as a business without the full members and my loyalty is to them first.

Given our very high renewal rate, I think they obviously feel that they are getting great value as well.

My members care and they generally are very courteous with each other and the staff.

I still feel very strongly that our associate membership still offers great value to the shooting community.

If any current associate members wish a pro-rated refund of their membership, it will be processed without question.

Next:

Posters here somehow keep referring to “shady” and “illegal” practices. These accusations are slanderous and false.

Without reservation, I am a member of the NFA, CSAA, CSAAA and the CCRF.

I give time, money and product to support; DU, Pheasants Forever, AHEIA, SCI and others. What did you do to financially support these organizations or give them a venue to reach new members?

We work hard to get in Scouts and other youth groups.

What are all you haters doing to build up the shooting sports and get in new blood? Iʻm doing plenty and my teams at the Edge and Target are awesome. We bring 1000ʻs of new people into the sport every year. We present a professional, fun, accessible sport. Again, what did you do to bring in new people?

I think we are all tired of the “I hate JR” threads and in spite of your cyber bullying, I am not going anywhere. You may not like me, but at some point even if you are not going to forgive me for whatever you think I have done, there comes a time when enough is simply enough.

Fine, don’t buy from me, but quit lying about me.

Instead of hiding behind some random name on the internet, come into my shop, stand in front of me like an adult and tell me what it is I have done to wrong you.

You’ve had your fun, now it’s time to shut this thread down.

My direct email is: jr@theshootingedge.com

JR
    Last edited by TSE JR; 04-09-2018 at 12:44 AM.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678