Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gauging Interest: ZVS P21 Pistols

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar

Gauging Interest: ZVS P21 Pistols

ZVS Holding A.S., headquartered in the Slovakian town of Dubnica nad Váhom, has been in the ammunition manufacturing and firearms development business since it was first established, in the 1920s. Ever since, it has been developing and mastering technologies and techniques to offer high-technology, highly modern products: so to speak, the Scorpion EVO-3 A1 9x19mm sub-machinegun, manufactured by CZ in Czech Republic, was originally born as an original ZVS Holding project. ZVS has been working to establish and launch a series of self-manufactured firearms for some years now, and is starting with a pistol design that takes upon modernity without forgetting classic, tried-and-true solutions and features.

The P21 is based on a CZ-modified Browning-type locking principle (they're thus more akin to a CZ pistol than to anything else), and yet, it features a fibreglass-reinforced polymer frame with ambidextrous slide stop and manual safety, and reversible magazine catch. The P21 is an external hammer-fired, SA/DA pistol featuring a 121mm barrel on an overall length of 210mm, and comes equipped with high-visibility sights.

Versatility is, however, the key feature of the P21 pistol. It may be converted from 9mm to .40, and vice-versa, simply by swapping slide, barrel and magazine − the frame having been designed to be compatible with the different sizes of the components. Would be priced at $749.

Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    A package deal with both uppers might be cool.

CGN Regular
    Looks interesting but at that price point it's up against some pretty stiff competition including CZ themselves. So I guess the question is how does it stack up against the competition?

CGN Regular
    Near Barrie, ON and close to Wasaga Beach/Midland
    I would have to say pass at that price point. I like that the slide catch is out of the way and I wouldn't be riding the stupid thing. Negative thing that turn me off...

It looks like the grip would be way too slick and would need grip tape or modifying. Trigger looks cheap in terms of finish, looks like there is a ridge down the center of the trigger. Also the finish on top of the slide, looks like theres a ridge or line there. At a lower price point sure but not near the $800 mark.

Not a fan I have zero interest in dealing between 9 and. 40 if I was 9 and .22 then maybe. However for everything else is echo Mr.rabbit above ^^^^^
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    I'd be G17 G5 for that price.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

And ... price and availability of additional mags?

Would pass if that price. Would rather get a Glock, Walther, SFP9, etc.
    If it were like $550, then I might consider it even though I prefer striker fired.
    Also, I don't know how much I'd like the safety being so close to the slide stop.
    Last edited by Lungorthin; 04-11-2018 at 11:31 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Tough crowd at that price point with many other better supported options available. Pass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast