Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Introducing In Canada The New Mauser M18 - The Peoples Rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleman762 View Post
    A Mauser needs to offer 6.5x55, 8x57, 7x57, and 9.3x62. Keeping it continental! :-)
    I'm with you on this one. Currently, the M12 offers these calibres. The M18 was tailored for overseas markets where IMO the majority of hunters/shooters don't even know these cartridges exist.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    I was hoping for something better when these were announced. It's not like we need more 'budget' guns, but what we need is quality more affordable guns, without splitting hairs. I would love to see higher quality synthetic sock, adjustable trigger, control feed, iron sights and included bases. When I seen this, and watched the video, it didn't come off as 'mauser' to me at all.
    I'm curious - how do you gauge the quality of the synthetic stock without having handled one? Btw. the trigger is adjustable. I guess if you want something better for $700,- then go and search for it. Good luck...

You have a real lack of comprehension don't you, re-read what I wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by riversrest View Post
    I'm curious - how do you gauge the quality of the synthetic stock without having handled one? Btw. the trigger is adjustable. I guess if you want something better for $700,- then go and search for it. Good luck...
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    You have a real lack of comprehension don't you, re-read what I wrote.
    Pls. enlighten me. lol

I wish it was controlled feed. It's not really special without it.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingots View Post
    I wish it was controlled feed. It's not really special without it.
    What makes CRF special?

CGN Regular
    For a couple of 100 extra I'll take the sauer 100 thank you !

Push feed mauser? Pass. I'll stay with Tikka.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riversrest View Post
    Some military production resumes in Oberndorf where HK is also producing guns.
    I was in Oberndorf last year at the Mauser museum. I was told there is no production of any Mausers in Oberndorf by the historian there and it was confirmed by a H&K Germany rep who was there with me.

Quote Originally Posted by TT1900 View Post
    What makes CRF special?
    Some people prefer it due to lack of chance to double feed. Once the top of the bolt starts pushing the round out of the magazine the claw grabs on it and from that moment on the movement of that round is controlled by the movement of the bolt. You may push it into a chamber and not close the bolt it will still hold it if you pull the bolt out. If you pull it out all the way it will eject it and you can push the new round in. With push feed, once you push the round in the chamber and do not close the bolt the extractor may not hold the round and if you open the bolt completely and push it forward again it will bring the next round in while still having one in the chamber. Is that that much of a problem? In regular situations not but there was an article about two hunters in BC who were surprised by grizzly while field dressing the elk. Both were killed. They found that one tried to defend himself but had double feed in the rifle. Probably didn't close the bolt in panic and while trying to do it the second time it double fed. It all comes to "what if' and personal preference. Both systems do work well.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast