Introducing In Canada The New Mauser M18 - The Peoples Rifle

MD Charlton

Regular
Business Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new Mauser M 18 condenses hunting to its fundamental form: pure, no-frills workmanship. It’s not merely a hunting rifle, but something which Mauser has always symbolized: the ultimate gun for all men at all times. The Mauser M 18 is more than just another component; it is the whole package. It brings together all the essentials for hunting in the best possible way and does not include anything that isn’t necessary in the field. The result is a genuine tool for genuine hunters with a sensational price-performance ratio. In other words: Mauser brings you: “The People’s Rifle”.
http://mdcfirearms.ca/find_a_dealer.php Call your local dealer for pricing
IMG_0541 (1).jpg
IMG_0543.jpg
IMG_0544.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0541 (1).jpg
    IMG_0541 (1).jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 11,969
  • IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 11,978
  • IMG_0544.jpg
    IMG_0544.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 11,964
Last edited:
That looks like a winner in my book. I hope they have some interesting chamberings.

Edit: looks like the standard North American offerings. According to Mauser website, .308, .30-06

From July 2018, the following calibers are available: Standard: .243 Win., .270 Win., Magnum: 7 mm Rem., .300 Win.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how it stacks up to the Tikka T3. I’m disappointed, though not surprised, that 6.5x55 or 7x57 isn’t available. 7x57 in particular would have been amazing. Oh well, 30-06 please!

No irons is weak. "The peoples rifle" indeed..

I agree. This looks like an attempt to get some of the "cheap guns" market share. Market is flooded with all sorts of questionable quality crap put out by famous gun manufacturers so Mauser needs to cater to $700 price point customers as well to stay in business. If your budget is within that I would go with Mauser over Remington, Savage or any other manufacturer no question (I'm excluding products made prior to 1964 Winchester cheap out screw up. Almost everybody in North America made quality guns in 50s and 60s). I'm sure this is an extraordinary rifle but I still like better classic Mauser 98 type with wood and iron sights which are still being made and the price tag is over 2K. There is a reason why.

To much plastic on them. Even the trigger guard is plastic. Seems like the Sauer 100 is a better rifle. Only thing that appeals to me is the "Mauser" banner logo. I'm also assuming the barrels are pinned and not threaded?

Push feed Mauser? Heresy.

Zastava Arms makes an orthodox controlled round feed Mauser rifle for $700 new, why can't the Germans? Hell, I'd pay them double.

Sorry, but this piece is in no way comparable to the quality and functionality what Mauser Guns made famous. For those that don't know, look at a Commercial Rifle with a Mauser 98 action, the no longer in production Mauser 66 Rifle or the Mauser Broomhandle Pistol.

Cheap this piece is but that's about it, I doubt it will find a huge following.

Cheers

Will be interesting to see how it stacks up to the Tikka T3. I’m disappointed, though not surprised, that 6.5x55 or 7x57 isn’t available. 7x57 in particular would have been amazing. Oh well, 30-06 please!
7x57 would be nice, I am disappointed that its not even an extra-price option with most european makers these days.

Back
Top Bottom