Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger American Predator 6.5 Grendel in stock

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Hotwheels81's Avatar
    If it shoots anything like the Howa mini 6.5 Grendel I got from PR, you sir are in for a treat....

.....but finding ammo can be a bit of a pain..
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I live by a simple code, empty clip an then reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotwheels81 View Post
    If it shoots anything like the Howa mini 6.5 Grendel I got from PR, you sir are in for a treat....

Howa makes nice rifles. You know, I almost went with a Howa in 6.5 Grendel but the inexpensive and available AR mag compatibility of the Ruger was too hard to pass on. That being said, I've been looking at the Howa mini action in 7.62x39 with a heavy barrel and have pretty much decided I'm going to need one even though I really don't.

I live on Vancouver Island; If I see 6.5 Grendel on the shelf I will need to be taken to my fainting couch. I'll be rolling my own for sure. When I ordered the rifle also asked PR to look into supplying me with reloading dies, brass, and a muzzle brake.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar

Was hoping someone would post on the accuracy of the Howa mini.
    Any pictures of targets?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post
    Was hoping someone would post on the accuracy of the Howa mini.
    Any pictures of targets?

If you are on Facebook join the 6.5 Grendel Brotherhood page, I'll be posting there when I'm done load development with 123 ELD-M over AR-comp and 95 V-max over Benchmark... I can't use photobucket to host anymore so till I figure it out it'll be going on FB...
    If that dosent work for you PM me your email and I'll send you some results after tomorrow's shoot...

Just at the range rite now about to shoot my final 100yard test... Should be loading more tonite and testing at 500&750 yards tomorrow or Monday depending on weather.

Quote Originally Posted by AWMozart View Post
    Howa makes nice rifles. You know, I almost went with a Howa in 6.5 Grendel but the inexpensive and available AR mag compatibility of the Ruger was too hard to pass on. That being said, I've been looking at the Howa mini action in 7.62x39 with a heavy barrel and have pretty much decided I'm going to need one even though I really don't.

I live on Vancouver Island; If I see 6.5 Grendel on the shelf I will need to be taken to my fainting couch. I'll be rolling my own for sure. When I ordered the rifle also asked PR to look into supplying me with reloading dies, brass, and a muzzle brake.

I'm a bit too practicle to be persuaded by AR mag comparability in a bolt gun... I understand why some want it but personally I'll wait for the Maccabee and flip a coin between .223 and 6.5...

Just picked up a rifle i dropped at Corlaines a while back to have a few loose ends cleaned up... It's a Vanguard... Converted from .308 to 7.62x39... With the legacy 10rnd DBM kit... Trigger massaged to 2lb's... Nice tan stock with black raised accents... It's a fun little rifle that's for sure!

could you PM me your results also. I'm very interested in the 123gr and AR-Comp. I picked up 4 pounds from Bartons a few weeks back.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    If you are on Facebook join the 6.5 Grendel Brotherhood page, I'll be posting there when I'm done load development with 123 ELD-M over AR-comp and 95 V-max over Benchmark... I can't use photobucket to host anymore so till I figure it out it'll be going on FB...
    If that dosent work for you PM me your email and I'll send you some results after tomorrow's shoot...

Just at the range rite now about to shoot my final 100yard test... Should be loading more tonite and testing at 500&750 yards tomorrow or Monday depending on weather.
    I’m not on FB
    Will pm you my email thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHudson View Post
    could you PM me your results also. I'm very interested in the 123gr and AR-Comp. I picked up 4 pounds from Bartons a few weeks back.

Will do... Ran 3rnd .3gr spreads over my magneto speed last weekend to test some velocity... 27.8gr of AR-comp with the 123 ELD gave me a 6fps spread from 2493 to 2499... 28.1 gave me a very sticky bolt and was inconsistent... As always... Work up carefully...
    Just about to run 10 more down range for group... Should be interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12