$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BCL102 Press Release - Future Colours & Models

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Why on earth are they going with a piston system in an AR pattern rifle? That's a fad of the past that has came and gone. Reminds me of something from the year nineteen forgotten.....

Piston system in an AR has proven to be of no benefit over a properly set up DI system.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    When you design and produce your own non restricted rifle you can choose the gas system you like.

Ryan

Ryan, I know my comment came across as being a little on the smart a$$ side so I fully understand your smart a$$ reply.

With all due respect, I was simply pointing out the obvious while scratching my head and wondering why they would have chosen to go the route they have. It's like finding a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

There was a time where everyone and their brother were building piston AR's and/or piston conversions. The fact that so many have abandoned the piston system and reverted back to building DI guns speaks volumes.

It's not about whether or not I design or build guns. I don't have to manufacture them to understand the pros and cons of either system in this type of platform.

I am genuinely interested in knowing the reasoning as to why the BCL piston system is perceived (by BCL) as being superior over the long time proven DI system?

It just seems to be an odd choice in todays marketplace. If there is something truly revolutionary about it I'm missing I would like to know.

I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering the same thing. I just had the gall to point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    With the exception of BCL-102 all other appear to to be restricted. They look they are Ar-15
    I’d bet they’re using a different take down system therefore not compatible with an AR. So it’s a different rifle and could be non rest like the Maccabee offering.
    "Victory favours the prepared"

I would also prefer the rifles with a DI system. Will they offer the rifles with the DI system as a special run? Something similar to a NEA AR15?

Kind of judging a book by it's cover I suppose. We've not seen the guts, so on the outside it may resemble an AR, but maybe it's a pure piston design. I prefer piston guns, but for an AR I'll take DI, I had a piston based AR and it's execution was less than ideal.

Ryan, I know my comment came across as being a little on the smart a$$ side so I fully understand your smart a$$ reply.

With all due respect, I was simply pointing out the obvious while scratching my head and wondering why they would have chosen to go the route they have. It's like finding a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

There was a time where everyone and their brother were building piston AR's and/or piston conversions. The fact that so many have abandoned the piston system and reverted back to building DI guns speaks volumes.

It's not about whether or not I design or build guns. I don't have to manufacture them to understand the pros and cons of either system in this type of platform.

I am genuinely interested in knowing the reasoning as to why the BCL piston system is perceived (by BCL) as being superior over the long time proven DI system?

It just seems to be an odd choice in todays marketplace. If there is something truly revolutionary about it I'm missing I would like to know.

I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering the same thing. I just had the gall to point it out.

Big Mouth
    Quote Originally Posted by silen View Post
    Me want black bear !! Tagged for interest!
    It’s run of the mill AR. I don’t think it’s non restricted

CGN Regular
    Piston guns do tend to stay clean longer. This might be part of the difference between R and NR
    Bring on the Badger! and, well, take MORE of my money. Dang.

Any idea on muzzle brakes for the Catamount? Standard BCL 102 brake, or other options?... their website only show's the rifle with a muffler. Anything different beyond the stock on the Cat compared to the original 102? Just wondering... my thanks in advance for any info.

G_H

Hopefully the Badger has an ambi bolt release.....?

I am interested in the Catamount in 7.62...
    Is it just different stock and trigger to the 102?
    Can we get it with the solvent trap as a standard feature? LOL...

It has very little on the website for details, and for me the "Download specs" button doesn't work.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Suther's Avatar
    Why on earth are they going with a piston system in an AR pattern rifle? That's a fad of the past that has came and gone. Reminds me of something from the year nineteen forgotten.....

Piston system in an AR has proven to be of no benefit over a properly set up DI system.
    You realize that the AR doesn't use a true DI system right? It's closer to a short stroke gas system, it's just all contained within the bolt carrier.

Also, a 556 rifle made with the AR style DI system would run a big risk of being called a variant and thus restricted...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast