Page 1 of 36 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint style uppers and lowers

CGN Regular

Modern Varmint style uppers and lowers

Now I know this subject has been beaten to death and your answer about selling stripped uppers and lowers not being a possibility, but I am just wondering if you guys had anything in the works that might be able to compete with the Maccabee upper and lower?

I have reservations from what I have read on the various forums as to what exactly is being sold as there just is not a lot of solid info. Lots of speculation is found and the word "prototype" is constantly being thrown around, which concerns me from talking to you guys about what all you had to go through to get the final legal classification. Reading an article in Caliber magazine indicated that someone who had access to the FRT had called Caliber out for advertising a NR rifle for sale when the final FRT was possibly not in hand. With all of the "prototype" being thrown around on the forums it would appear that this may be the case. I hope not but at this point it is hard to know.

Back on topic though. Are you guys planning to offer anything similar? I know you guys are always working on new and innovative products for the firearms community.
    I am very hopeful you have something in the works as I would prefer to purchase from a known business that has a long history of producing high quality products rather than "the new kid on the block" that no-one seems to know much about.

If you aren't already working on something similar PLEASE start on it!!

CGN Regular
    Highly doubt ATRS will "compete" with the SLR. They have always done what they are going to do take it or leave it style.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    ATRS already released the "base" model varmint.

https://www.albertatacticalrifle.com...ory_pathway-14

Which is For all intents and purposes, is the Bare bones version of the rifle with the least expensive options.

Ironically you will likely spend as much on an SLR by the time it is done too.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post

Which is For all intents and purposes, is the Bare bones version of the rifle with the least expensive options.

True enough. To have an upper and lower that will take all common AR parts would be nice though. Personally I don't have any issue with the Timney triggers, but know some guys want more options in that regard.
    Never hurts to ask, sometimes manufacturers listen and respond favorably.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

The similar cost is what many "early adopters" seem to gloss over.
    Semper Fi

You can build a high end SLR for the price of the base varminter. You just have to choose what type of receiver you want.

Not if you had all the parts already. I’d love to see a version of the sporter without any furniture, Just the assembled upper and lower, I’m sure lots of us have amassed an collection of parts, or have ar’s we would gladly strip to complete the rifle. This would be excellent competition for the SLR. A norc 20” and a receiver set gets you a NR rifle for much less. I would much rather a MV to go with my MH, but I can build an SLR and a second upper easily for a lot less than a varmint and not have a pile of discarded parts to throw on the EE for beans. And I think the part that is missed is we want to build it. Building a range toy has no appeal to me, building a coyote or target rifle sounds like a good time to me. No offense to ATRS, I absolutely love my MH and don’t expect the SLR to be a better rifle than a varmint, and still plan to own one. But I wanna get my build on!

Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    Not if you had all the parts already. I’d love to see a version of the sporter without any furniture, Just the assembled upper and lower, I’m sure lots of us have amassed an collection of parts, or have ar’s we would gladly strip to complete the rifle. This would be excellent competition for the SLR. A norc 20” and a receiver set gets you a NR rifle for much less. I would much rather a MV to go with my MH, but I can build an SLR and a second upper easily for a lot less than a varmint and not have a pile of discarded parts to throw on the EE for beans. And I think the part that is missed is we want to build it. Building a range toy has no appeal to me, building a coyote or target rifle sounds like a good time to me. No offense to ATRS, I absolutely love my MH and don’t expect the SLR to be a better rifle than a varmint, and still plan to own one. But I wanna get my build on!
    Sounds great but it's just someone's dream right now, could be five years before you actually see those available if ever.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    Sounds great but it's just someone's dream right now, could be five years before you actually see those available if ever.
    What do you mean by that? March delivery for my pre-order.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    What do you mean by that? March delivery for my pre-order.
    The rifle isn't even finalized yet and people seem pretty set on changing a potentially complicated piece of the upper/lower. Not to mention CSC is promising that all preorders will be filled.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

Page 1 of 36 1234567891121 ... LastLast