Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Received a BCL 102

Quote Originally Posted by Jest4phun View Post
    Out of curiosity what have you fired through it so far like any norinco, hirtenberger or even some of that priv stuff? If so how does it fair through it?
    I have American Eagle, Federal, HSM, Winchester and hirtenberger... tried to shoot it on Saturday but I couldn't find a place without 9' of snow.... need my snowshoes or warmth. As soon as I have shot it ill post about it.

Quote Originally Posted by masterduckmaster View Post
    What is the name of this tool you are using here to twist the Aliumium barrel nut?
    It looks like one of those changeable tip screw driver with a flat head bit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhad View Post
    I have American Eagle, Federal, HSM, Winchester and hirtenberger... tried to shoot it on Saturday but I couldn't find a place without 9' of snow.... need my snowshoes or warmth. As soon as I have shot it ill post about it.

Ah thanks iv heard good things bout Hirtenberger I look forward to that one just want some sort of surplus to be good in it for some cheap rounds fingers crossed

CGN Regular
    This is a refreshing approach. Most guys post or propagate opinions before ever having put round-one on or near a target.

Well played.

And at the rate things are going, i'll have mine by the time this damn snow finally f's off for the "summer".

CGN Regular
    Waiting for mine, due for delivery in May (ish) timeframe.
    Handguard has GOT to GO... Need to remove weight on this thing.
    Looks like I am hitting the weights starting today... Anyone got experience with 'roids? lol.

I purchased Hirtenberger while it was on sale at Cabelas.
    It closes MUCH easier in my Savage 110 bolt gun, compared to Norinco.

I am hoping to find a good recipe for reloading the 7.62x51 brass vs using 308 brass.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LUTNIT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by commandac View Post
    I am hoping to find a good recipe for reloading the 7.62x51 brass vs using 308 brass.
    You have a pile of 7.62 brass you'd like to use? I only ask because the chambers are so tight on the BCL-102's the main reason 7.62 brass is thicker isn't really required. I have no long term data of course but I predict the 102 will be very easy on brass due to the chamber. My once-fired resizes with little effort.

I dropped a Trigger Tech flat trigger in mine and will hopefully do some load development this weekend if the forecast holds true. I just blasted with it as a function test previously so cannot comment on the accuracy. Have some 168gr BTHP loads to try as well as some FMJ.

CGN Regular
    I bought Hirtenberger while it was on sale at Cabelas, and inspected the brass... Looks REALLY clean, no differences in length, etc.
    Also, where my 7.62 norinco rounds sometimes are REALLY tight in my savage 110, the Hirtenberger rounds fit just "snug" but they also fit "snug" EVERY time.
    Norinco had random length casings. (Some were tight, some were loose, etc.) Hirtenberger was 75 cents per round, Norinco was 50...
    I plan on having a mild recipe for my hunting rounds. 2600 fps using 168 grain barnes TTSX. (168 is my preference, but I can settle on 150)
    I was choosing the 7.62 brass because I can get cheap surplus ammo to plink, then turn the brass into quality hunting rounds, and not have to pay 65$ for Barnes ammo.
    Also, because of the thicker walls, I figured less stretching, etc. (After reloading the brass once, they would go back to brass for plinking)
    I had not researched the chamber in the BCL much though.
    All I knew was that it runs the Hirtenberger great with 5" accuracy at 100 yards. If it NEVER fails on the Hirtenberger rounds, I assumed looser 308 tolerances in the chamber.
    I may have assumed wrong.

I am still trying to decide on a trigger...

I am interested in 2 stage (Never shot a 2 stage trigger) but I can see the value when you are holding the trigger while waiting for the perfect heart shot.
    Something light in pull, but fail safe. (I see a moose ONCE every TWO years... If I see one, it NEEDS to go BANG)

Otherwise, trying to shave as much weight on the BCL without spending too much... I wonder if I can get an upgraded trigger in exchange for NO handguard?!?

Mine is requires a slight tap with something. It also seems like my takedown pin is trying to escape out the side of the receiver.

As for handguard, I will be running an Odin works once the proper adaptor comes in.

BCL102 still waiting!

I have placed an order on Dec 12, 2017 and heard nothing on when I was getting mine. I contacted SFRC a few times and only ever got the run around as to when you would receive it. I told to keep an eye on CGN for updates! I bought the gun from SFRC and CGN. TERRIBLE communication and still waiting

[/tr]
    [/table]
    Well I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a BCL102. I ordered it in December and received it Thursday evening. I got 1 of the 21 Burnt Bronze models.
    If you don't know a BCL102 is a AR-102 in 308 that is built in Canada and isn't restricted.
    I added a vortex strike eagle 1-6x24, a vortex cantilever mount, Tyrant Designs for grip, Ozark Armament 45 degree chanted BUIS. BCL blast shield and an Ergo Deluxe grip, that fits poorly.
    I got a MFT Battlelink minimalist stock but I got the wrong size, so I'll update that soon.
    I want to put a new trigger in it but I'm going to wait until I have a couple 100 rounds through it.

The effort and customer service by Ryan and the folks at SFRC has set a new standard to how I will judge retail sources. Ryan called me personally and kept me aware of any delays and the product I received far surpasses my expectations.
    The extras Ryan included were almost too much... almost lol. I won't say what they were because Ryan shouldn't be held to that standard. Thank you Ryan.

I have 12 mags, the factory mag and CPD 10 round mags drop out perfectly, pmags are a little sticky.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812Marty View Post
    I have placed an order on Dec 12, 2017 and heard nothing on when I was getting mine. I contacted SFRC a few times and only ever got the run around as to when you would receive it. I told to keep an eye on CGN for updates! I bought the gun from SFRC and CGN. TERRIBLE communication and still waiting

[/tr]
    [/table]
    Oh Marty
    I think the communication that is actually based on facts and not on guesswork from SFRC has been great. They can't exactly tell you because they don't exactly know. They have an "Idea" of when guns are coming in, and what colour they are. The colour batching is a real nightmare for them because they might hear one day that 15 of whatever colour are going into paint, advertise it and then BCL rejects 3 of them because the paint was flawed, SFRC is left holding that bag of complaints...

If you don't get a call today about your rifle, just wait longer... everyone else has been.

And now watch this thread get locked.