Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Received a BCL 102

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    Don’t be like that. You should see the new bolt carriers, they are great.
    I received a new BCG from BCL that was packaged in a shipping carton that was too small for the BCG, alas the BCG was jammed in. When I unpacked the BCG I was concerned that the extractor may be bent as the extractor was taking the force of the small carton (and banging around during shipping). I put a spent shell casing in the bolt/extractor and found it to be very tight, would not easily release the shell.
    I proceeded to my firing range to test the new BCG, and on the first shot the BCG jammed it could not eject the shell.
    I contacted BCL explained the situation and asked for a new extractor. They have not replied.

I have purchased a DPMS enhanced extractor (from SFRC) and will give that a try.

I am not going to send the BCG back to BCL, as it will cost another $15 for postage.

They don't have the sharpest knife in the drawer doing their shipping.
    Last edited by Stephano; 04-25-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
    Finally got mine out for some load development. Have a Trigger Tech competition flat trigger (3.5lbs)
    How do you like the trigger tech ? Was the original trigger bad ?
    Edit: Kind of a weird question.. but will the 102 trigger fit in a NEA15 ?
    Last edited by Ingots; 04-25-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingots View Post

The 102 uses standard AR15 triggers.

Ryan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsteppan View Post
    Is your gas tube's kinda flared like a car brake line at the bcg end? Cause mine is and it makes the gas key little bit tight to get passed true. Just asking to know if its normal or my gas tube gotta be replaced.
    While the end of the tube is flared, the gas tube should not bind on or in the gas key.
    You can get a real test of this by separating your bolt from the carrier and running the carrier in the upper by hand.
    Put some pressure to the underside of the carrier to simulate running in the rifle while pressure is applied to the carrier by a mag and ammunition.
    If the key is binding on the tube, you can get some bend on the tube ever so slightly to eliminate it.
    Left alone, a binding key/tube combo has been known to contribute to vertical stringing.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    While the end of the tube is flared, the gas tube should not bind on or in the gas key.
    You can get a real test of this by separating your bolt from the carrier and running the carrier in the upper by hand.
    Put some pressure to the underside of the carrier to simulate running in the rifle while pressure is applied to the carrier by a mag and ammunition.
    If the key is binding on the tube, you can get some bend on the tube ever so slightly to eliminate it.
    Left alone, a binding key/tube combo has been known to contribute to vertical stringing.
    Ok thats exactly what i did. It looks like the tube isnt perfectly aligned with the gas key and it appears to pry a bit when its going in. Ill bend it a bit and makes some tries to make them match better thank you!

So I fed the beast this weekend, I have slightly over 100 rounds through my BCL102 now. I have had one (1) failure to feed and that was using American Eagle/Federal 150 Gr FMJs, I wanked the charging handle and the round fired off once loaded. I've been using American Eagle/Federal 150 Gr FMJs, Federal NonTypical Whitetail 150 gr. Soft point boat tails and Hirtenberger 150gr FMJs I do some long range shooting with my F class and I am very surprised with the accuracy of the BCL using the American Eagle/Federal 150 Gr FMJs. I am getting twoonie sized groups at 100m, I had several 2 shots that figure 8'd holes. The trigger is rough and the travel is to much... I'm going to drop in something with a straight trigger and no creep.
    I noticed the recoil is dramatically increased when i add the blast cover.
    I need to mic my buffer tube as I thought it was milspec but milspec stocks don't fit on it.

All in all I'm satisfied.... more to some.

CGN Regular
    Thanks Jayhad!
    Seems like you got what is to be expected from a BCL 102. Accuracy is the most important factor for me as a hunter. I wonder what recoil is like with a lighter handguard, trigger guard, and barrel nut.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LUTNIT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingots View Post
    The stock trigger was pretty rough. A heavy pull and a weird reset (an audible click but no tactile reaponse). It may have broken in over time to be a little better; who knows. Even a Norinco AR I had before had a better trigger than it. I never measured the weight of the stock trigger but it's noticeably above several known 4-5lbs triggers I have. If guess in the 7+lbs range. I knew I'd be replacing the trigger going in though. A friend recommended Trigger Tech and I quite like it. I've never had one before only having dealt with Timney's in bolt guns but it plopped in easily and I had it torqued down and ready to go in under 10min. It's got a tiny bit of take-up that I like and a nice tactile reset.

Looks great tho!

A Big Thanks to Ryan!!!

Got my BCL yesterday. Spent a few hours cleaning and adding some detail. Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet, but will tomorrow morning!!

Already sleeping in it’s nice new home!!! LOL

Dang, can’t get pics to load anymore. Any suggestions folks?
    Para 16.40 fully tricked out by Roger Katanko at Dark Industries