Received a BCL 102

jayhad

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a BCL102. I ordered it in December and received it Thursday evening. I got 1 of the 21 Burnt Bronze models.
If you don't know a BCL102 is a AR-102 in 308 that is built in Canada and isn't restricted.
I added a vortex strike eagle 1-6x24, a vortex cantilever mount, Tyrant Designs for grip, Ozark Armament 45 degree chanted BUIS. BCL blast shield and an Ergo Deluxe grip, that fits poorly.
I got a MFT Battlelink minimalist stock but I got the wrong size, so I'll update that soon.
I want to put a new trigger in it but I'm going to wait until I have a couple 100 rounds through it.

The effort and customer service by Ryan and the folks at SFRC has set a new standard to how I will judge retail sources. Ryan called me personally and kept me aware of any delays and the product I received far surpasses my expectations.
The extras Ryan included were almost too much... almost lol. I won't say what they were because Ryan shouldn't be held to that standard. Thank you Ryan.

I have 12 mags, the factory mag and CPD 10 round mags drop out perfectly, pmags are a little sticky.

Only thing is I can't figure out how to remove the hand guard

uncrew the 6 screws and pull :)

This is the barrel nut under the handguard, yours probably has lightening holes in it.

VuRs9dN.jpg

ewww that doesn't make me feel good. I pulled the Allen screws and pulled, nothing, had a buddy come over and we both pulled, nothing. I thought I was missing something because it won't budge.

Makes me wonder how they got it on there.

ewww that doesn't make me feel good. I pulled the Allen screws and pulled, nothing, had a buddy come over and we both pulled, nothing. I thought I was missing something because it won't budge.

Makes me wonder how they got it on there.

wd40 overnight and try again.

OR

put upper in the freezer, then heat up the handguard where the nut it and pull

How was your takedown pin?
(I've tried both a punch and a round with both heel of palm and clenched fist without even a hint of budging the pin.)

Lifted weights for 20 years in preparation. Then I used Kroil and left it overnight in the freezer and then put it in a vice and went to town on it with a pipe wrench and screamed by the power of grey skull to see if I could turn into he man.

My take down pins are stiff I use a punch and hammer... every time

Lifted weights for 20 years in preparation. Then I used Kroil and left it overnight in the freezer and then put it in a vice and went to town on it with a pipe wrench and screamed by the power of grey skull to see if I could turn into he man.

Grey skull?!?
I've been looking for a he-man sword on eBay/Kijiji for 21 years to no avail.

That's some serious business 'rite ther'

Last edited:
Is there any info on what percentage of rifles have the stiff take-down pins? Mine push put with thumb pressure. Much stiffer than any AR I've seen but doable without tools.

Can't just take some fine sandpaper to the holes that probably have too much cerakote in them?

I have to lightly sand the sides of the lugs on most NEA uppers to have the receivers halves mate without effort. Can't personally be arsed to bother with the pins, since I always have a punch and persuader in the range bag anyway

Totally off topic but AvE on youtube did a comparison on penetrant oil and was surprised with what the results were (granted the sample size was only 4 bolts)

That burnt bronze looks great! Lol, I seriously hate these threads, such a tease! Just waiting on mine in black which should be coming any day now!

you got follow up phone calls? Wow! Gotta say, I'm glad no one called me with up dates, knowing my luck my wife would answer....that would not end well. Just send it through when you can Ryan...no phone calls!

Out of curiosity what have you fired through it so far like any norinco, hirtenberger or even some of that priv stuff? If so how does it fair through it?

F**k thatʻs seriously funny!

Back
Top Bottom