Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: hang fires in the reloaded non corrosive 7.62x39

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by drill702 View Post
    Did you shoot for accuracy? If so how was it?
    Accuracy wise it was absolutely terrible. Don’t have a target to show a picture but as I remember over 3 inch groups at 100 yards.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cpbird91 View Post
    Yeah, way too many. I posted here first to see if it was an isolated incident but seeing as its not I will be contacting CanadaAmmo tomorrow about the issue.
    The first box I got from them was flawless, but the second box had issues.

I did notice they sent out the replacement box in a ziptied bag inside of a box instead of just a box. I also thought but wasn't sure that when I had the squibs the powder looked and felt wet. Just an observation...

BANNED
    For me the hangfires were more like 0.5 seconds to 1 second, which is still alot of time. The squibs were the first I've ever had. Unburnt powder and the bolt didn't travel far enough back to eject... Still dangerous.

I tried about 50 rounds last February, split between a SKS and a CZ-858. No hangfire or failure to fire in my case. All rounds went off as they are supposed to. Accuracy wise, with the pulled CanAmmo 7.62x39, I got about 4" to 4.5" at 50 m including flyers, closer to 3" while neglecting the flyers. For comparison, I also mainly shot some Barnaul from the same rifles and usually got about 2" to 2.5" at 50 m, with basically no flyers...

On my next range trip, I might try to sort per headstamp to see if that makes a difference. So far so good with my case of pulled ammo, but maybe I have not shot enough of it to run into hangfires yet...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    I tried about 50 rounds last February, split between a SKS and a CZ-858. No hangfire or failure to fire in my case. All rounds went off as they are supposed to. Accuracy wise, with the pulled CanAmmo 7.62x39, I got about 4" to 4.5" at 50 m including flyers, closer to 3" while neglecting the flyers. For comparison, I also mainly shot some Barnaul from the same rifles and usually got about 2" to 2.5" at 50 m, with basically no flyers...

On my next range trip, I might try to sort per headstamp to see if that makes a difference. So far so good with my case of pulled ammo, but maybe I have not shot enough of it to run into hangfires yet...
    I think this is a more recent development...hopefully it's somewhat isolated

Wow, I'm a bit concerned now.. I bought a box last week for my new AR-15 SBR build. It's my first experience with Canada Ammo - I have not shot any of it yet, but when I opened the box I was surprised to see that it was all loose packed in one large plastic bag rather than individual boxes (see Pic) is this normal? I am planning to take an inexperienced shooter to the range next weekend, but maybe I should leave this ammo at home until I have had a chance to evaluate.. I'd hate to put my guest in a squib situation with a semi-auto.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Oh I miss the days of cheap(er) bulk non-corrosive 7.62x39 that was packaged acceptably.. without QC issues.

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumonda View Post
    Wow, I'm a bit concerned now.. I bought a box last week for my new AR-15 SBR build. It's my first experience with Canada Ammo - I have not shot any of it yet, but when I opened the box I was surprised to see that it was all loose packed in one large plastic bag rather than individual boxes (see Pic) is this normal? I am planning to take an inexperienced shooter to the range next weekend, but maybe I should leave this ammo at home until I have had a chance to evaluate.. I'd hate to put my guest in a squib situation with a semi-auto.

Mine came packaged that way too, 100 rnds in no issues so far, but will be def keeping more close eye now.

BANNED

My first box came like that but without the bag

BANNED

My box didn't even have a plastic bag, just loose in the cardboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast