$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: hang fires in the reloaded non corrosive 7.62x39

  1. #1
    CGN Regular cpbird91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    362

    hang fires in the reloaded non corrosive 7.62x39

    Finally got to try out the non corrosive 7.62x39 sold by Canada ammo and got an unusually high number of hangfires from it, wondering if anyone else has noticed this with this reloaded ammo

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    39
    I have only ran 100 rounds of it in my howa mini action seems to be decent.

  3. #3
    Super GunNutz Mightymoose410's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Beautiful Vancouver Island
    Posts
    221
    Hangfires or fail to fire/light primer strike? Of they are indeed hangfires and you had multiples from the same lot of ammo I would be concerned
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience-George Carlin

  4. #4
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by cpbird91 View Post
    Finally got to try out the non corrosive 7.62x39 sold by Canada ammo and got an unusually high number of hangfires from it, wondering if anyone else has noticed this with this reloaded ammo
    seeing as it's remanufactured from pulled military surplus,it seems pretty common with this stuff,dont ask for accuracy either,

  5. #5
    CGN Regular cpbird91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightymoose410 View Post
    Hangfires or fail to fire/light primer strike? Of they are indeed hangfires and you had multiples from the same lot of ammo I would be concerned
    they were hang fires. I was also shooting Czech surplus and Barnaul with no issue.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    73
    Yikes. Thats not good at 40 cents a shot. Surplus corrossive for me at less than 30 cents a shot and not one hangfire yet on my recent case.

  7. #7
    CGN Regular cpbird91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadpoppa View Post
    Yikes. Thats not good at 40 cents a shot. Surplus corrossive for me at less than 30 cents a shot and not one hangfire yet on my recent case.
    yeah it certainly is disappointing, I'm just happy I only bought one case

  8. #8
    Big Mouth philhut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    GTA, Ontario
    Posts
    1,579
    I just picked up some of this stuff. Will try it this week and see how it does. It is mixed headstamped surplus so I'd imagine it will be in the 3 to 6" accuracy range from the old SKS.

    Perhaps contact the supplier with the date of purchase so they could potentially trace the lot.

  9. #9
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    South Saskatchewan
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by 6ohmoney View Post
    I have only ran 100 rounds of it in my howa mini action seems to be decent.
    Did you shoot for accuracy? If so how was it?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    73
    Keep us updated. Im curious of the % of hangfire. Ill need to buy some more ammo soon. Debating on buying more surplus or stuff similae to this.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •