Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: hang fires in the reloaded non corrosive 7.62x39

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumonda View Post
    Wow, I'm a bit concerned now.. I bought a box last week for my new AR-15 SBR build. It's my first experience with Canada Ammo - I have not shot any of it yet, but when I opened the box I was surprised to see that it was all loose packed in one large plastic bag rather than individual boxes (see Pic) is this normal? I am planning to take an inexperienced shooter to the range next weekend, but maybe I should leave this ammo at home until I have had a chance to evaluate.. I'd hate to put my guest in a squib situation with a semi-auto.

Even Federal ships their 1k round cases of .223 the same way. You can get them individually boxed, but you pay more for packaging, materials etc... it is cheaper/quicker this way, so you pay less.

Toss them in an ammo can with desiccant it'll last forever.

What's the problem with bulk packaging? It's sealed in a bag with sillica gel packs to absorb moisture.

If we do traditional packaging we have to raise the price for materials and labour.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    What's the problem with bulk packaging? It's sealed in a bag with sillica gel packs to absorb moisture.

If we do traditional packaging we have to raise the price for materials and labour.
    my case came with no plastic wrap, loose rounds in cardboard

Well I don’t mind it that way if it keeps cost down the only thing I don’t really like is out of the 8 boxes I just bought from u guys 2 of them were not in a sealed bag and were just thrown in the box loose can’t say I was happy, when I decided to pack those (two boxes) in 50 round ziplocks with silica packs each tho I did find I had just a couple that had some corrosion on the caseing not many but I did find some but that does worry me about the two boxes themselves and no guys I haven’t had time to range test any of these new rounds yet and won’t till about may or late may which does make me worry about those two boxes other than that I haven’t noticed anything about the others I opened thus far I ain’t going to pull all those bags I Just repacked a while ago but 50 round bags from a 1000round box for 2 boxes I’ll let u do the math man but ill pull out one bag and show u just what’s in the one bag and like I said I am somewhat wary about them just the 2 boxes

https://m.imgur.com/HIhbwUJ

Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    I tried about 50 rounds last February, split between a SKS and a CZ-858. No hangfire or failure to fire in my case. All rounds went off as they are supposed to. Accuracy wise, with the pulled CanAmmo 7.62x39, I got about 4" to 4.5" at 50 m including flyers, closer to 3" while neglecting the flyers. For comparison, I also mainly shot some Barnaul from the same rifles and usually got about 2" to 2.5" at 50 m, with basically no flyers...

On my next range trip, I might try to sort per headstamp to see if that makes a difference. So far so good with my case of pulled ammo, but maybe I have not shot enough of it to run into hangfires yet...
    You might want to consider the possbility that its not the ammo. This stuff basically shoots the same as everything else. Milspec is very consistent regardless of point of origin

Quote Originally Posted by russ.ackland View Post
    You might want to consider the possbility that its not the ammo. This stuff basically shoots the same as everything else. Milspec is very consistent regardless of point of origin
    I know that my rifles are not tack drivers, and I do not have 20-year old eyes anymore. The SKS and CZ-858 are designed to put holes in man-sized targets. They were never intended to stack holes one on top of the other. I have scoped rifles for that. In any case, it's all good fun...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I love loose packed cases of ammo for a number of reasons:

It's usually less expensive than individually boxed ammo

It saves lots of time unpacking all those silly ammo boxes, often with plastic or foam trays

I'm not left with a big pile of waste that I have to dispose of

It's so much nicer to just dump the box into an ammo can or two rather than unpack individual boxes!!

375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    My experience with the CA reloaded 7.62x39 so far:

I have 3 NEA 7.62x39 AR15's. All of them were having "light strikes" with this ammo, so the primers did not pop the first time (they usually did fire the second strike though) This wasn't an issue with other brands of ammunition in these rifles. Ordering 3 heavier springs from Brownells fixed the problem completely. No hangfires at all, before or after spring replacement.

I have had a few very quick hangfires while using a Type 81 rifle. Like "Click-Bang" so fast enough that if you followed through properly you would still hit the target.

Ironically, I have not tried it in an SKS as of yet, even though most of this ammo probably will get shot through SKS's. I will try it soon though.

The ammo is accurate enough to hit a 6" gong at 100m from the AR15's but I have not tired it on paper yet. I suppose it would be fun to do a shoot out with other ammo, I probably have 3 or 4 different brands of 7.62x39 ammo on hand.

Happy to hear the hang fires were tracked down to humidity and has been rectified. When I was experiencing the fail to fires in the AR15's I thought maybe the primers were too high so I started looking closely at the ammo and did not find anything out of the ordinary. All the rounds look to be normal. I've been handloading for 25 years, so I know what a high primer looks like.
    Last edited by Gatehouse; 04-16-2018 at 11:53 PM.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

If your buying bulk ammo..... its just that, bulk ammo. If you want commercial cases then you are buying the wrong product.

I know one thing, CanAm will rectify the humidity problem with the ammo reloading and do right by you.

I have spent many thousands dollars with CanAm and have always been more than happy.

I give him a TON of credit for being resourceful and starting reloading.

Its just too bad we cant get the truck loads of Norinco Ammo like we used to..... the family packs were the bomb...

(Not that I shoot much right now with a young family on the go)......
    Hanser " Procrastinate now, don't put it off "
    -God Bless North America - Especially Alberta!!!
    -Some people are just dying to meet a Paramedic... Please God! Not ANOTHER learning experience!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    (Its not the ZOMBIES that scare me, it is THE NEW WORLD ORDER)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Some batch(es) of this stuff seem to have issues, also reports on mediocre 9mm, pierced primers and many complaints on that dubious 8mm Mauser stuff... Hmm?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast