Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reloaded 9mm from Can am quality control issues

Reloaded 9mm from Can am quality control issues

[URL="[url=https://postimg.cc/image/ycnd26ipn/][/url]"][/UR

Bought the 1000 round bulk they offer back in Feb

Few issues I've had in roughly 200 rounds, all in my CZ 75b

1 squib
    some heavily over crimped cases
    noticeable differences in recoil either over or under charged I would assume

but most importantly primers not pressed in completely or straight as in the photo's and leaving sections above the case, my last range trip I loaded a few mags and on the last one I released the slide it slams shut and fires off a round (yes still safely pointed down range), cleared the pistol found the case and the primer was completely flush no primer strike, got back to my house grabbed a few handfuls and took a closer look and found another case which in the one in the photo's

I figure I can't be the only guy to have issues.. or if I am maybe it was limited to a small run not sure but if you bought this same ammo I would just take a look as you load rounds to verify each primer is correct.

I sent them an email as well to let them know they might have an issue see what they have to say.

***edit the photo with the 2 rounds one was set perfectly out of the box you can see the second sadly, I forgot to grab the fired case when I left the range to take a photo of it***

If you bought this same stuff and have had issues send them a email too hopefully they can get it sorted out on the machines.
    Last edited by D-Leach; 04-16-2018 at 04:56 AM.

BANNED
    First off glad you are ok with no injuries......What kinda damage did the squib cause?

What brand was the ammo? What company did the reloading?

Can am is wicked to deal with....even if its past their 14 days with an issue like this I'm sure they will make it right

[QUOTE=D-Leach;14828849][URL="[url=https://postimg.cc/image/ycnd26ipn/][/url]"][/UR

but most importantly primers not pressed in completely or straight as in the photo's and leaving sections above the case, my last range trip I loaded a few mags and on the last one I released the slide it slams shut and fires off a round (yes still safely pointed down range), cleared the pistol found the case and the primer was completely flush no primer strike, got back to my house grabbed a few handfuls and took a closer look and found another case which in the one in the photo's

Hey, glad you are okay and/or no one else was hurt, but on the 'slam fire' did you say no primer strike at all on the spent case?
    I may not be as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was

Don't practise until you get it right...practise until you can't get it wrong

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    First off glad you are ok with no injuries......What kinda damage did the squib cause?

Can am is wicked to deal with....even if its past their 14 days with an issue like this I'm sure they will make it right
    I believe this is CanAms House brand. Their own reloads. I did a bulk buy of 10000 rds last year. Had a couple of misfires and one round from my friend’s allotment was loaded backwards. Otherwise, the ammo was fine. My 2000 rd allotment from the bulk buy is all gone now.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post

No damage just had to ram it out. If it was damaged I might be a little more upset

Yes was Canada ammos dominion branded stuff.
    Not knocking them at all just letting others know to take a look hopefully I just got a bad batch and not a continual issue.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    Thank you
    Last edited by SigWig; 04-29-2018 at 03:30 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    We've had 3 squibs in approximately 500 rounds, And some rounds that wont chamber in a Shadow 2 or Tanfo, Ogive on the bullet is to round and it hits the lands before being completely chambered, Still 1000 rounds to go. Its alright for plinking, Not for competition use.
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

Haha poor Lando...

Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    We've had 3 squibs in approximately 500 rounds, And some rounds that wont chamber in a Shadow 2 or Tanfo, Ogive on the bullet is to round and it hits the lands before being completely chambered, Still 1000 rounds to go. Its alright for plinking, Not for competition use.
    |CCFR|

We had some initial quality control issues with the 9mm which should be mostly resolved.

If you have any issues contact us for RMA.

Cheers
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN Regular
    What was the cost of this case of 1000? Just wondering if its any cheaper than the $250 blazer brass thats around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast