Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: WK308-A. The concept

Wolverine....keep up the good work and tough grit !!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRBurton View Post
    Mr wolverine don't care about FRT it's just a guideline anyway. As long as it meets the criteria of a non restricted he will make it for us. The 180c still has no frt and we will be shooting them next month��
    Lol there's optimism for you! Haha

And also, guideline or not, a business cannot reasonably sell a firearm to a consumer without a classification. If they sold them all as NR, and they came back as restricted or worse, they would be in a pile of trouble.

(Can't tell if you were kidding, or just not real bright)

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HirvGotti View Post
    Price them smack dab in the middle of the M305s /BCL102s and sell em by the metric chit ton
    Bam!

Keep it sub $1500 taxes in and you're gold.

Why do you keep doing such awesome things, Mr. Wolverine?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megahurts View Post

I don’t know if you think you’re somehow a hero protecting Wolverine from input or just a close minded, blowhard who thinks talking the loudest will somehow cover up for his lack of factual knowledge but it doesn’t matter in the end I suppose. Have a good life bro and if you feel the need to respond please pm me so everyone else doesn’t have to see your ignorance. Oh and apologies to all for this diversion, I’m done with it.
    Just a realist Sir :D no hero for sure. I just see the obvious fallacy of expecting a rack grade, mass produced semi auto rifle in the $1500 dollar range and sub MOA accuracy. About as far apart as the the Sun and Neptune.
    I don't need to do PM's. There is no ignorance in anything I say. It's called reality based on realistic expectations and personal experience. "Factual knowledge" and stuff right?

Anyhow,

Wolverine, here are my suggestions:

Light, simple, reliable, 3-4 MOA, can shoot 7.62mm surplus and around the $1500 mark.
    Last edited by Travis Bickle; 04-18-2018 at 03:13 AM.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Easy barrel changes. 260 243 22-250 barrel options. 2 moa. Some sort of dust cover options, even if it's not included.. Just available at some point.

7-8Lbs
    1:10 barrel with rifle length gas system
    DPMS pattern barrel nut and thread, so that people can change the barrel if they desire to either heavier or lighter...there are more aftermarket HG available in the DPMS pattern than ArmaLite or other proprietary sizes.
    Threaded barrel, with either a thread protector or an (cheap/inexpensive) A2 style muzzle device. (this way people can change it out later if they desire)
    Barrel extension to be compatible with the most popular industry standard (DPMS)
    Bolt carrier: ability to use a standard AR-308 bolt in the bolt carrier
    Short stroke adjustable/regulated piston system (FN FAL style)
    non-reciprocating charging handle
    Shoots 7.62 X 51 or 308. Eats it and spits it out!!!
    Price: I would love to see this hover around $1500, but defiantly under 2K.
    CCFR
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Regular
    First of all good for you! My votes are $1500ish or less pre-taxes , 16 or 18" barrel, 8ish or less pounds. Huntable for accuracy . May be unrealistic but I also would like a piston. Ambi ( I'm LH)
    And the bow shall be in the cloud, and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that (is) upon the earth. Genesis 9:16

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    When I say "Utility" I am thinking "Low cost" and "No frills", there are lot's of high quality semi auto rifles on the market with the corresponding high price, they have all the " bells and whistles " . I am thinking that our market is starved of good value for money entry level rifles that actually deliver what they are claimed to be, I don't expect purchasers of my rifles to have to rebuild them at their own exspence just to give basic performance, that should be guaranteed out of the box. It is another matter for a new owner to refinish with his favorite colour, change the caliber or fit a match grade barrel, that is above and beyond, technically that would also void the warranty, although I would never use this as an excuse to duck out of any obligation I felt was reasonable.

Question: What do you want as a "dry" weight?
    Let's face it John, as with the WK-180 the big selling point is that it's a "non-restricted" black rifle so use the same basic concept with the WK-308. A reliable, decent accuracy, basic rifle built on a non-restricted receiver with a maximum of interchangeability with the AR-10/LR308/AR-15 platforms so that parts availability isn't an issue and people can pimp it out to their heart's content re handguards, triggers, stocks, etc. A price point in the $1400-1500 range (the lower the better) and weight under 8 pounds and it's an instant winner. You'll have to open your own factory just to keep up with demand.

And keep the great ideas coming.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar
    keep the weight under control and maybe it'll take off as a SA hunting rifle.

imagine the scandal the fudd's would make of that!!! :D
    power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda cool!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Rainbow View Post
    16 or 18" barrel
    Under 18.5" would make it restricted if it's a semi-auto.