"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    SR25 mag

pencil profile, DPMS pattern barrel. Most common, and lightweight

DPMS high handguard, most common handguard available

DI gas system for best barrel/handguard compatibility

mil-spec trigger, stock, etc.
    You were on a roll until you said DI. I would only be down for this if it brought costs down significantly which I doubt it will.

Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    You were on a roll until you said DI. I would only be down for this if it brought costs down significantly which I doubt it will.
    DI is inherently more precise, less complex, cheaper, and more compatible with standard (mil-spec) parts.

piston offers no advantage besides cleanliness. and that alone is not worth bolting a reciprocating mass to your barrel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    Uh, well except for this one if the specific suggestion being discussed is adopted.
    So? The magazines has still been "designed and manufactured" for bolt action rifles. Whatever you use them in, the device is legal or it isn't.

Price $1500-1750, closer to 1500 the better
    AR parts compatibility
    Sr25 magazines, they are cheaper than acis magazines.
    I love the smell of cosmoline in the morning

a gun close to a Daewoo K1/K2 1599$ Max

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombsquad68 View Post
    FWIW it's hard to get a AR-esque 308 under a real world 8.0 lbs dry
    POF Revolution is a 7.3 lb AR15 hybrid chambered in 308, there is no reason why a NR hybrid of wolverines current 223 offering can't be made to fire 308 without going to the larger AR10 size and weight.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    DI would be preferable if it's possible.
    Primarily because it would then be full compatible with AR10 available DPMS pattern barrels, FSB's, gas tubes etc etc
    The AR15 DI system is awesome. The venting of excess gas from the side of the bolt is ingenious. Even a bad frankenbuilt heavily overgassed setup will be somewhat protected by this feature.
    A simplified DI system which will mate up with a standard AR10 gas tube would be very interesting.
    Mechanically some kind of combination of the AR180 bolt carrier and bolt with an amalgamation of a gas key on top and a cross bored venting hole behind the bolt ala AR15/AR10.
    Essentially a reduced complexity DI AR15/AR10 carrier.
    Would be interesting but I would assume this would raise the cost of the overall product due to development and design sadly.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

BANNED
    I'll be honest if you get too close to BCL 102 prices, i will take one of those instead and guaranteed alot of people will agree with me. Separate yourself from the BCL by a few hundred dollars at least and you will sell way more.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Lol there's optimism for you! Haha

And also, guideline or not, a business cannot reasonably sell a firearm to a consumer without a classification. If they sold them all as NR, and they came back as restricted or worse, they would be in a pile of trouble.

(Can't tell if you were kidding, or just not real bright)
    Please explain your point of view, I need educating. I am unaware of anything in the CC or regulations that says a firearm has to be "Classified" before it can be sold. Classified as what? By who?

If we start selling WK180-C rifles before an FRT is issued then we are selling a firearm that meets all the existing criteria for a non restricted firearm. If after the sale, anyone disputes that the firearm is anything other than a non restricted firearm the owner is on their own.

Let's be very clear Wolverine Supplies has been open, honest and transparent about this from day one. If any one is not happy they are free to cancel their order for a full,cash refund less the $50 admin fee.