Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: WK308-A. The concept

Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    Definitely not directed at you, I apologize if it came across that way. Just this accuracy crap always comes up and everyone wants a bloody laser beam when they are the real problem

I know you are referring to ATRS MH and the BCL-102, both of which are good. The MH I managed Sub MOA when I had one (no surprise there), and the BCL-102 1.5MOA at best (more of 2moa in real life situations). The XCR-M gets better accuracy than people give it credit for as well... This is my personal experience, and others seems to have varied, but I only trust what I can see and touch.

Cheaper better quality guns are always going to be good obviously.
    haha okay bud, sorry I got a little miffed there. It's a weird coincidence but I was watching your youtube vids last night (very good btw).

Too bad we can't have the scar 308 in Canada, its not front heavy but still moa with it's light barrel. cheers.
    Last edited by inthewoods; 04-17-2018 at 10:43 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by inthewoods View Post
    haha okay bud, sorry I got a little miffed there. It's a weird coincidence but I was watching your youtube vids last night (very good btw).

Too bad we can't have the scar 308 in Canada, its not front heavy but still moa with it's light barrel. cheers.
    Nah they are amateur at best. I hope to bring the quality up in the future when I have more time and $$$ for camera equipment and editing software.

Well IRG submitted one a while back that was modified to what the RCMP wanted, but the price tag will guaranteed be ridiculous. It is an interesting platform to be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    Nah they are amateur at best. I hope to bring the quality up in the future when I have more time and $$$ for camera equipment and editing software.

Well IRG submitted one a while back that was modified to what the RCMP wanted, but the price tag will guaranteed be ridiculous. It is an interesting platform to be able to do that.
    The info in the vids is good though, straight to the point. Yeah as I wrote that about the scar I cringed, because even in the states it's over priced. lol

Keep it simple. And stainless steel is for the kitchen.
    Today could be the last day of the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by megahurts View Post
    My big thing is accuracy. Can you make them sub MOA or is that just not reasonable - thus the ‘utility’ descriptor? If it was truly sub MOA I’d definatey pay $3k for one.
    Then literally buy any other rifle this ones not for you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    If the rifle were designed and manufactured to use AICS pattern magazines, would that make all AICS pattern magazines subject to 5 round limit?

Look what happened with the Ruger 10/22 magazine.
    Well there isn't really any mechanism in law that can see the status of a rifle magazine change just because some other rifle was invented.

It was the introduction of the charger pistol into the market place that upset the apple cart, and originally it was only those magazines that were designed/produced after the introduction of the charger into Canada which were prohibited, which was later expanded to include all magazines that were of ambiguous design intent dating after the Charger was first invented.

Now just because the law says it ain't so, doesn't mean the RCMP won't try some funky business hoping the risk of court is enough to deter smart people from trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    Uh, well except for this one if the specific suggestion being discussed is adopted.
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    So? The magazines has still been "designed and manufactured" for bolt action rifles. Whatever you use them in, the device is legal or it isn't.
    That is true for magazines that existed before the WK308. Any 11+ round AICS compatible mag invented by a 3rd party in Canada could easily be accused of manufacturing that magazine specifically for the WK308. Which Is why I suggested some other 3rd party do the mags, and get them out there before the WK 308 goes live. Would be even better if AICS themselves did it, but then those mags would cost a fortune.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

BANNED
    Interested for sure!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    Let's face it John, as with the WK-180 the big selling point is that it's a "non-restricted" black rifle so use the same basic concept with the WK-308. A reliable, decent accuracy, basic rifle built on a non-restricted receiver with a maximum of interchangeability with the AR-10/LR308/AR-15 platforms so that parts availability isn't an issue and people can pimp it out to their heart's content re handguards, triggers, stocks, etc. A price point in the $1400-1500 range (the lower the better) and weight under 8 pounds and it's an instant winner. You'll have to open your own factory just to keep up with demand.

And keep the great ideas coming.
    In the end this will likely be the most obvious route and sound advice.
    The 180c looks rock solid. As long as it's reliable and the design can handle the 7.62mm cartridge then you probably already have a winner.
    Just put a straight up pencil barrel on it this time around!
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    compatible with AIA 10 round mags
    I'd rather XCR-M pistol mags, personally.

Also, AR-16 style furniture, please.

If you're going through hell, keep going.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    ...That is true for magazines that existed before the WK308. Any 11+ round AICS compatible mag invented by a 3rd party in Canada could easily be accused of manufacturing that magazine specifically for the WK308. Which Is why I suggested some other 3rd party do the mags, and get them out there before the WK 308 goes live. Would be even better if AICS themselves did it, but then those mags would cost a fortune.
    There are a number of manufacturers who produce AICS pattern magazines, for use in a number of different firearms and chassis. If is a very popular system.

Keep in mind that the Government is giving the RCMP SFSS carte blanche to classify things.