Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: WK308-A. The concept

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Magazines: if we use the M14 (which are no longer an international standard, read obsolete, like the excellent FN FAL mag) we can use the 10 rd AIA mag, for how long? Or we use the SR25 type which is fast becoming a new standard and allows the use of the XCR-M 10 rd mag, but again for how long?

Your choice?
    Better going with modern standard.
    Mismatch is the new black

Uber Super GunNutz
    Magazines: if we use the M14 (which are no longer an international standard, read obsolete, like the excellent FN FAL mag) we can use the 10 rd AIA mag, for how long? Or we use the SR25 type which is fast becoming a new standard and allows the use of the XCR-M 10 rd mag, but again for how long?

Your choice?
    Is that right, you could use an existing 10 round rifle mag? I thought it had to be a ‘pistol’ mag to be ok for 10 rounds. Like I know that the xcr mag is acceptable because it’s used in their rifle caliber pistols and is physically marked as “pistol”. Interesting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Your choice?
    Didn't like the idea of using a bolt action rifle magazine?
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by megahurts View Post
    Is that right, you could use an existing 10 round rifle mag? I thought it had to be a ‘pistol’ mag to be ok for 10 rounds. Like I know that the xcr mag is acceptable because it’s used in their rifle caliber pistols and is physically marked as “pistol”. Interesting.
    It could use a 100 rd rifle magazine, if the magazine in question was designed for use in a BOLT ACTION.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Just make it compatible with most AR-10 parts so people can swap calibers, triggers, hand guards, butt stocks etc...

CGN frequent flyer
    XCR-M magazines. Hello.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I guess I am the only one who likes unlimited magazine capacity.

Your choice?
    modern mags please. there's already a sub 1k 308 semi in canada that takes m14 mags...

or alternately, AICS mags? lends to an ambi release, and there's 5 and 10 rounders for 308

not sure if this would be possible.. but could the lower be made long enough for 300/338 AICS mags, and use a reducer block for initial 308 config? allows for some serious caliber options in future

probably too elaborate for the intended price point.. but if you can do a 308 util rifle under 8 lbs, at a price not too far beyond the 180C I'm in!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Is it a beefed-up wk-180C to 308?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    I guess I am the only one who likes unlimited magazine capacity.
    Nah man, there's 2 of us. I thought was the only one, preaching in the desert, but seems like there's 2 of us who'd like unlimited mags. I guess others are happy to argue about 5 or 10 rounds.